I just want to shout out a BIG thank you to my very talented German friend, Judith! She made all the graphics in the fic! Thanx girl they are awesome!!!

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Chapter 144

Chimala knew it was her even before she laid eyes on her. That scent could only belong to one person. Although it was tinged with the vampire hovering so close by, nothing could disguise her sweet scent.

Staring down at the suffering woman, she felt hatred grew for the vampire who allowed her to be in such pain. Did he really think she would be his while her bonded mate walked this earth?

The thought that he might plan to kill Jon shuddered through her and she pushed the thought from her mind.

Swallowing the bile working its way up her throat she turned towards the glowering vampire, bowing her head respectfully.

“My lord, we need to be left alone so I can treat your mate.”

At first she didn’t think he would allow, but he nodded his head silently, turned on his heel and left.

“My lord…could I request that no one disturbs us? I will call you when its done.”

“Very well.”

Chimala and Ciara were alone in the room.

“Ciara…..ssshhh…please pretent you don’t know me. I’m here to get you out of here. Will you let me help you?”

Her feverish eyes glinted with delirium.

“Is he here? You are not allowed to say his name. Xander will get furious. I’m thirsty, is he here? I need his blood…I need it.”

“He isn’t here but I have the next best thing…Ciara open your eyes. I need you awake for this sweetcakes.”

Her eyes drifted open.

“Chimala…you are really here. Is he here…we’re not suppose to ….”

“I know…I know we’re not allowed to say his name…”

“How did you know? Did Xander…where is Xander? Why are you here?”

“Xander asked the coven for help and they sent me. But you need to listen to me honey. Xander cannot know that we know each other, ok?”

“Ok, is he here?”

“No sweetie. He isn’t but he sent something with to help you feel better.”

“He doesn’t want to see me, does he?”

“He is waiting for you but in order to get to him you have to get stronger.”

Ciara cringed from Chimala.

“Don’t make me drink from him! It makes me sick.”

Chimala cradled the precious cargo in her hands, tipping it into a glass she held close to Ciara’s nostrils, swirling the dark, thick liquid.



“Smell it…hhmmmm doesn’t it smell good?”

As if she snapped out of her feverish hallucinations, she scooted into a sitting position, her hands reaching for the glass.

“Oh God! Is it really his blood? Oooohhhhhhmmmmm”

“Drink up sugar.”

Her first sip was tentative.

“It’s coooollldd.”

Chimala’s fangs flashed.

“Sorry girl there was no time to heat it up. The best I can do for now until you get it fresh from the vein.”

There was a flash in the dark, listless eyes.

“I don’t think he’d want me, \\not after this.”

“Oh he wants you alright, he wants you real bad.”

A comfortable silence stretch between them as she drank slowly.

She lowered the glass onto he thighs.

“I don’t want him to come here, Chimala promise me he wont come here. Xander will kill him, he is a stronger vampire.”

“I will not ask him to come unless its absolutely necessary. That’s all I can promise. The blood you just drank wont go far Ciara and tomorrow is your ripening. You need a shitload more where that came from.” She reached for the glass but she refused.

“Not yet…I’m not done yet”

She clutched desperately to her last connection to him. He seemed so close with the scent of his blood lingering on her lips and the glass resting just below her nostrils. She was too scared to finish it too quickly, what if it was all gone? What would she do?

Just as she lifted the glass to her lips, it was ripped from her cramped fingers.

Somewhere to her left Chimala was spitting like a wild cat.

“I thought I smelled him!” The glass shattered against the wall. Xander’s eyes were blazing, his fangs fully exposed, he snarled at Chimala.

“Xander don’t hurt her…” There was a resounding slap when the back of his hand met her cheek.

Her head snapped back, the ferocity was so intense, she fainted.

Xander closed in at the cowering vampire.

“I should have known he would find a way to get to her. That will end tonight.”

“She will never be yours. Get used to it.” Chimala routed her escape but she was too slow for the age old vampire’s rage.

“NOOOO! Xander please don’t! Let her go, she will tell Jon to stay away.” She recoiled when he suddenly turned on her.

“How can I believe you? You cannot be trusted.” Hurt flashed across his handsome face but it was quickly replaced with the fury she had seen moments before.

A heart stopping growl rumbled through the air.

“…and YOU are going to pay the price for this.” He swung towards the redhaired vampire.

Her chin jutted proudly forward. She knew she wouldn’t be able to escape but beg for her life…no chance in hell!

Xander moved faster than her eyes could register and by the time she could focus, there was a gurgle and a gush of blood painting the walls.

Ciara found herself wrenching at Xander’s arms, sobbing and pleading.

“Xander! Please don’t do this!” The oxygen was snapped from her throat when he suddenly turned around and crushed her windpipe, her back slammed against the wall.

“You shouldn’t interfere!” his face was bloody, Ciara swore there were flesh on his fangs but she couldn’t be sure as he surged forward, ripping through her skin.

She was about to accept her fate when she was thrown onto the bed. Her hands instinctively grabbed at the warmth spurting down her nightdress.

“Don’t fret Meli. You wont die. I’m just making sure your lover’s blood doesn’t stay too long inside you but you will live. I haven’t come this far just to see you die. As for this one…”, he kicked at the still form, “..she might die or live whichever I don’t give a damn.”

No comments:

Post a Comment