I just want to shout out a BIG thank you to my very talented German friend, Judith! She made all the graphics in the fic! Thanx girl they are awesome!!!

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Chapter 143

Ciara sighed as she submerged her battered body in the water. Xander’s blood had made her sick again and with every heave she thought she might die, actually hoped for it. But her relief wouldn’t come and when her stomach was empty she had stumbled to the bath and turned the cold tap open in full force, letting the freezing liquid drown her pain.

“Agapi̱té theoús! (Dear Gods!)” Xander gasped from the bathroom door.

Her beautiful body was marred with bruises from her delicate neck to her painted toes. Ciara heard his shocked outcry and peaked uninterested through her eyelids.

“ Help is coming Meli. You will feel better soon, I promise.”

A “thank you”, forced through her parched lips.

“Is there anything I can do for you?”

“This is good, thanks…” she heard him move from the door.

“I’m sorry you have to suffer so badly. I never expected it to be so hard on you.”

Her gaze slid open, penetrating his.

“If you are so sorry, let me go.”

“I’ll rather die than sent you back to him.”

She turned her head but not quick enough for him to see her tears spill down her cheeks.

“Leave me in peace.”

The crunch of his heel told her he did just that.

~~~

Jon caught her scent before she even uttered a word.

“Is this the fucking time to get back to me?!” He gritted through his teeth, his eyes brewing up a storm.

“Keep you pants on rock star! Do you think its just that easy to get a peek at the woman? Its an old vampire we’re dealing with here. He’s protecting her like she was the last damn pint of blood on earth.”

“So you haven’t seen her yet?!!”

She was sure the windows rattled in their frames.

“No…BUT WAIT before you rip my head off.”



“The woman, and I’m not saying its Ciara, is very sick. Her transition isn’t going too well and Xander has requested help to ease her through the last stage.”



Jon’s eyes narrowed.

“What date is it?”

“It’s the 10th…Jon? What the hell?”

“Oh Christ! Tomorrow is the 11th. CIara’s birthday is on the 11th! Its her. Take me to her right now!”

Her hands spanned his pecs, his strength was pushing her towards the open window.

“Jon! JON! Wait please! We cant just barge in and take her. We need to think this through but I promise you if it is Ciara we will bring her back.”

“Do you really think I can just sit here and wait for you to bring her back?”

“Yes, I think you can but I need something from you first.”

“Name it..”



“Your blood. If its her she will be out of her mind by now. I know he tried to feed her but she gets sick every time. Apparently se refuses to drink from him now. She is getting weaker and now is not the time to be weak, her body is transitioning.”

“Did the fucker feed her?!” His snarl rattled her teeth.

The window panes did rattle this time…

“And that’s all you heard? Geeesh! MEN!”



“Ok sit your ass down in that chair and lets bleed you. I need to go.”



Fifteen minutes later she headed for the door but his hand closed around her.

“Bring her back to me. Promise me you will.”



“Cross my heart and hope to… Ooook that one doesn’t work. To late for that huh?” , she giggled, “If I call you, you better get your ass over there ASAP.”

“Where is there?”

“Greece”

He blinked and she was gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment