I just want to shout out a BIG thank you to my very talented German friend, Judith! She made all the graphics in the fic! Thanx girl they are awesome!!!

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Chapter 135

Jon’s screams woke him to soaked, twisted sheets.
Ciara haunted his dreams. Her beautiful, naked curves were in the arms of a stranger. Her passionate gasps and breathy moans soon turned into painful whimpers as the vampire ripped into her pearly skin, blood streamed down her body. Her hand reached towards him, her lips pleading to him to save her but somehow he couldn’t get to her. Ciara then turned slowly sideways ,her stomach swelling slowly, her hand cradling her swollen stomach. Jon was wide awake, he snapped his phone open, punching her number.
Just when he was about to give up her groggy voice reached his ears.
“Hello?”
“Ciara.”

“Jon? Its three o clock in the morning.”
“I couldn’t sleep.”
“Vampires don’t sleep at night.”
“I don’t have anything else to do, so I sleep.”
“Okay.” She grew silent.
“Is everything ok?”
“I’m fine Jon.”
“You are in trouble baby, for fuck’s sake please listen to me. I’m coming to get you.”
“You don’t know where I am.”
“Chicago.”
“But how...?”

“I knew since the first night. I wanted to give you time to make up your own mind but its getting ridiculous.”
“I don’t want you here. I don’t want to see you Jon.”
“You cant live without me.”
I can’t live without you.
“I’ve been doing just fine. I’m going home.  Please don’t contact me? I need to get on with my life.”

“Its not safe.” What the fuck was he saying? Fuck her safety, fuck all of it. He needed her, he wanted her, here in his bed, his life... for eternity.
“I’m going to go now Jon. Let me go...please.”
“Ciara something is going to happen, I can feel it baby please.”

“NO! Nothing is going to happen.”
“Cant you feel it? Always hot, craving blood...sex...you are getting closer.”

“You are crazy. Leave me alone! I don’t want to hear any of it. Bye Jon. Dont call me...ever.”
The phone clicked.
Fury shot into his fingers and he felt the phone shatter in his hand.
Enough was enough. He will drag her back by her fucking hair if he had to. After tomorrow night’s show he was going after her and she was coming back, kicking or screaming he didn’t give a damn.
~~
KaleeSPERa Ciara. You look lovely.”
“Hello Xander. You look handsome as well.” He took her hand and rested it on his arm as they walked into the building.
She felt particularly unwell tonight and she wrote it down to Jon’s upsetting phone call.
“Everything alright?” He patted her hand.
“I’m just perfect thank you.”

Ciara tasted listlessly at the delicious dinner. Opting for iced water she sipped slowly, shuddering as nausea and the ever present heat swirled inside her.
“Lets dance, I see you are lacking appetite. Maybe some activity might help.”
He eased her from her chair, leading her onto the dance floor, Ciara was thankful when the music was slow. She moved into his body with ease, his steps were effortless, his hand comforting on her lower back.
“You move easily, you’re a natural born dancer Agapeemenee.” His dark head was crouched close to her ear, his breathe tickling the soft skin on her neck.
“You’re not too bad yourself.”
Their hips moved in unison. He was cool against her heat.
The music ebbed and he led her off the dancefloor.
She nibbled on her dinner, or at least tried to. She took a glass of wine and rolled the sweetness on her tongue, even the sweetness of the ripe fruit wasn’t sweet enough to her liking.
“You are not yourself tonight. Something I can help with?”
“I’m not good company tonight am I?”
“I like your company. You are perfect in every way...”
“Xander...”
“Lets go somewhere quiet...my place?”
“I can’t...I’m sorry.”
“Nothing is going to happen...neither of us want to be alone tonight and this is too crowded...lets go.”

Her eyes were drawn to the vulnerable tug of his lips.
Why the hell not?
He stood up, holding out his hand.
His imperial suite was quite impressive and Ciara felt drawn to the patio, the twinkly lights beckoning her to come closer.
A breeze played with the loose tendril framing her face and she closed her eyes, enjoying the cool breeze against her hot skin.
She opened her eyes a while later finding Xander leaning with his back against the barrier, in his hands two glasses of wine, his eyes resting on her face.
“You look beautiful in the moonlight.” He lifted the glass towards her and she took it, turning her face towards the nightlife.
“Tell me about him.”
“Him?” She didn’t look his way.
“...the man that hurt you so badly that you cannot even accept a compliment.”
 What was there to say? That she still loved him. That he scared the shit out of her. That she craved for him...his blood, his body? That he was a vampire?

Xander cleared his throat and she took quick sips, emptying the glass  .
“There isn’t much to tell. It didn’t work out.”
“You still love him don’t you?”
She didn’t answer, she didn’t have to.
“I could make you forget him tonight...” he brushed her cheek with the back of his hand, twirling his finger in a loose curl.

No comments:

Post a Comment