I just want to shout out a BIG thank you to my very talented German friend, Judith! She made all the graphics in the fic! Thanx girl they are awesome!!!

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Chapter 134

“Funny seeing you here.”

Ciara looked up at the voice towering above her.

“Movies...stuffy cinema?” His dark eyebrows flicked playfully upwards. His tie hung loosely around his neck, a dark path of fur peaked above the crisp white unbuttoned shirt.

“Ooooh yeah! Hi.”

“May I?”

“Yes please.”

He turned towards the waiter ordering himself a scotch on the rocks.

“You want another one of...” he eyed the cocktail in her hand.



“Thank you.”

“Are you here on business or pleasure?”

“Pleasure...I think. Definitely not business, you on the other hand, definitely business.”

He laughed softly as she nodded towards his clothes.

“That apparent huh? But yes, business is right. Endless meetings. So if you’re not her here for pleasure are you running away from something? A man? Licking you wounds perhaps?”



Jon’s face loomed in her mind’s eye.

“Something like that.” She pushed the glass from her, looking up as the next one was placed before her.

He took a lazy sip from his glass, his eyes never leaving hers. Fine, dark hair scattered over his knuckles, strong, long fingers gripped the glass.

“If I ask you to have dinner with me, are you going to run again or accept this time. No strings attach. I’m just not in the mood for dining alone.”



“I would have to accept them don’t I?” Ciara swallowed another mouthful , a rush of heat shot through her veins.” As long as there are no mrs, fiancé or girlfriend, I’m game.”

“None I assure you. Sadly I don’t have time for a relationship and women don’t like to play second fiddle to my job.”

Pity, he was quite a catch.

“I’m sorry to hear that.”

“Are you ready to go? I have a reservation at a restaurant. I’ll just call ahead to set the table for you too.”

It was a short drive to the restaurant. Walking into the dimly lit, very exclusive restaurant , she was very aware of his hand resting against her lower back. She didn’t even reach past his shoulders, and as they walked towards their table she was well aware of the female appreciation as they moved passed the tables.

“Would you like to order or could I order for you?”

“You can order for me thank you.”

Without looking at the menu he turned towards the waiter.

She watched him as he spoke fluent Greek. So that was where the dark accent came from. His features spoke of strong Greek ancestry.

He turned towards her.

“I’ve taken the liberty of ordering us a fine bottle of red wine.”

The mention of red wine kicked her craving into high gear and she suppressed a slight whimper as the pain twisted her gut.

“Are you alright?” His hand closed over her, concern burning in the dark irises.

“I’m fine.”

His eyes brushed over her features for a few heart stopping moments.

“I haven’t even asked you your name...”



“Ciara and yours?”

“Beautiful name for a beautiful woman. I’m Xander...”

Beautiful name for a beautiful man...

“Why so quiet all of a sudden Agapeemenee?”

The words rolled of his tongue like nectar.

“I’m a bit preoccupied these days. Sorry.”

“A broken heart does that to a person.”

Was she suffering from a broken heart or was she just missing her next fix?

“I’ll be ok. It will take some time.” What else was there to say to this exotic, handsome man?

As the courses started appearing on their table the conversation flowed much easier. They apparently shared the same taste in movies. They moved to his career and Ciara listened in wonder as he spoke passionately about his empire, impressed that he was quite an influential man, acting so casually.

“Are you ready for dessert?”



“Oh please no! I wont be able to fit anything into my stomach.” She stroked her stuffed stomach dramatically.

“You cannot end a meal without some Galaktoboureko.”

She was still trying to discourage him when he turned towards the waiter.

The dessert was placed before him, two spoons one plate.

“I know you dont want to but you need to taste a traditional dessert from my country...” he clipped a tiny piece with the spoon, leaning forward he offered it to her.

“Just a tiny bite.” She closed her lips, drawing it into her mouth. His eyes were locked on her lips.

“HHHHmmmm its divine.”

“Another taste perhaps?”

“I shouldnt...oh ok.”

The plate was emptied in no time.

“Ooh lordie I dont think I’ll be able to walk out of here tonight.”

“My arms are strong enough.” His voice had taken on a smoky tone.

“Its late and I think its time to go. The meal was superb. Thank you.”



“I’m sorry of I offended you Ciara.”

“No..no please. You didn’t, its just ...”

“Its all to fresh to new. I understand. Could I ask you one more favour?”

“Yes?” She swallowed at the lump in her throat. Why was she so instantly attracted to this stranger?



“Tomorrow is my last day here before I go back to Greece. I’m tied up in meeting the whole day tomorrow, but I’m free tomorrow night. How would you feel about having dinner with me tomorrow and maybe some dancing?”



Chiding herself for wanting to do just that with the stranger she pushed Jon’s face to the back of her mind.

“That would be wonderful, thank you.”

1 comment:

  1. Ohhh oh, I guess she just found another vampire.
    Jon better gets his ass moving to get her back...

    ReplyDelete