I just want to shout out a BIG thank you to my very talented German friend, Judith! She made all the graphics in the fic! Thanx girl they are awesome!!!

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Chapter 132

Jon gazed over at Ciara were she stood in the shadows. He had an unexplained feeling of dread pressing on his chest. The voices of thousands of fans crashed into his ears and he turned towards the mass again, making his way down the opposite side of the stage.

Ciara watched as he turned from her, she felt his dread, knowing exactly what is was, she forced her mind to go blank. She couldn’t afford to let him know.

She waited a few moments longer and blend into the shadows, inching her way from the stage. If he should realise what she was up to he won’t be able to leave the stage, that was the only comfort she had. After the show she wasn’t sure, as long as she could get as far away as possible ...she shivered.

Jon felt a shift in the air, she was gone.

Richie’s head came up and locked with Jon’s. He looked over at the empty spot where she had been only moments before.

Jon’s frustration sent a sizzle through the band. His eyes kept going back towards the post, hoping to see her but somehow knowing that she wasn’t coming back. She had planned this so damned carefully!

The taxi driver stared suspiciously at the woman tumbling clumsily into his taxi, a single suitcase crashing onto his seat.

“Go please!”

“Lady, I don’t want any trouble.”

Her pitiful eyes locked with his in the rearview mirror.

“Please sir. I have an abusive husband and I need to get away from him as quick as possible.”

“The asshole! If I could get my hands on him!”

“Ciara slumped against the back rest as the car drove off.

The car slowed to a stop.

“Are you sure you’ll be safe?”

Ciara opened her eyes, bodies surged to and from the busy airport.

“Yes, Yes I’ll be ok.”

“Are you going to family or something?”

“Uuhh..yes I am. Thanks.” She held her hand out.

“You be safe now, you hear and don’t take the bastard back no matter what he says.”

“I wont. Bye.”

~~

Richie cringed as he heard windows crashing, furniture banged against the walls. Vicious snarls and a string of curses accompanied the vandalism.

“Bro’ you trashing the hotel room wont bring her back. Why don’t you calm down and start looking for her?”



“She is blanking me out, fuck knows how but she does. I cant feel her Richie, she must be far, airport, train...she is fucking gone and her life is in danger.”

He paced across the room, kicking at a piece of broken chair laying in his way.

“Do you think she went home?“

“She wont be that stupid. She doesn’t want me to find her, she just has no fucking idea! What if her paths cross with a vampire? What then?”

Images of Ciara and the vampire of the other night send a shiver down his back and he snarled as violence tore at his guts.

“Shit I dunno where to look but I cant stay here I’m going to go out of my fucking mind.”

“Go look for her, just lemme know when you find something.”

~~

Ciara’s vibrating phone made her jump.

“A message.”

Ogling the tiny gadget in her hand she was too scared to open it, too afraid of what she might read.

Ciara, you have to come back. You’re in danger if you don’t. Please. Ksenia.

“Sorry my friend. I cant do that.”

The announcement that she should board vibrated through the air and she switched the phone off, heading towards her escape.

Perusing her surroundings she quickly made her way towards the waiting plane, relieved when she didn’t see any familiar faces in the crowd.

~~

Ksenia threw her phone on the bed, watching it as it bounced a few times.

“Her phone is off! She is in danger Richie. What in the hell was she thinking?”

“Dunno babe and I know this sound crazy but hell can we blame the poor girl? I feel like I’m living some screwed up nightmare. Just imagine how she must feel. Vampires, bonding, ripening...Jesus its crazy just hearing it coming from my lips!”

“I guess you’re right but we need to find her Richie and soon before...”

He pulled her into his broad chest.

“I know honey...I know.”

~~

Jon sniffed the air, closing his eyes, he forced his tumultuous emotions aside, focusing on any sign of his Ciara.

Yeah, she definitely was here. That’s why their connection was severed. She was on a plane on her way to some unknown Godforsaken place, heading for more shit than she can handle.

Walking towards the helpdesk, he forced a flashing smile onto his lips.

“Evening.”

By the blush on her cheeks and the sudden trip of her heartbeat he knew that she had recognised him.



“Good evening ...uuuhhh.”

“Jon will do just fine sweetheart.”

“Jon..how can I assist you?”

“I need a favour from you. My lady friend and I has a bit of tussle earlier tonight and as much as I love her impulsive nature , it can be quite bothersome at times, just like tonight. She jumped on a plane and I just need to know where she went so I know she is ok.”

“I’m not at liberty to give you that kind of details.”

Jon leaned closer, tracing his index finger slowly across the flustered women’s jaw line he murmered, “ You’re not going to deny me the love of my life now are you sweetheart. No one will know.”

Her fingers flew across the keys.

“And her name is?”



“Ciara....”

“Wilson?”

“That’s the one.”



“She is on flight 232, Chicago.”

The woman focused on his eyes. Did they just change colour?

“I thank you honey.” Pushing his fingers on his lips, he puckered lightly, gently pressing it onto her lips in turn.

“My pleasure.” A giggle slip from her parted lips.

His lips tightened in a grim line as he spun on his heel.

If I get my hands on her...

No comments:

Post a Comment