I just want to shout out a BIG thank you to my very talented German friend, Judith! She made all the graphics in the fic! Thanx girl they are awesome!!!

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Chapter 129

“NO!!!!” They were all on their feet, startling her even more.

Jon was right behind her. She was caught between two male walls. Their eyes locked fiercely on her.

“Tell him not to touch me. I don’t want him touching me.” Her body was stiff in his arms.

Richie met Jon’s eyes. A battle ensued and Jon cursed under his breath, moving back.

“We need you to stay here with us. Its the only way you will...” Jon’s eyes stilled him.

“Its just safer.”

“I don’t feel safe. I feel threatened, exposed. Everyone I know here lied to me. I can’t trust anyone.”

“You can trust me.” Ksenia’s tiny voice twirled her around.

“You knew about Jon?”

“I’m sorry...but yes.”

Ciara was unsteady on her feet again.



“I cant believe this! You! What do you have to do with this?”



“You remember I told you about my past? The professor and you know...the scars?”



Ciara felt her stomach dip.

“Jon and Richie saved my life. The professor was researching vampires. And he used me to...to feed them.”

“Oh my God! I don’t want to hear anymore! This is crazy!”

“I think you need to sit down.”

“ I need to get my suitcase and get out of here! I don’t want to deal with this! This is not normal! Vampires don’t exist!”

Ciara’s eyes rested on Jon’s mouth, she shivered visibly.

“It as real as it gets baby.”

She flopped onto a couch, she looked so frail at the moment Jon wished he could pull her into his arms, promising her everything will be ok.

As the words spilled from Jon’s mouth, Ciara listened wide eyed at his incredulous story. The night he was turned into a vampire and the years following after, his struggles, his victories...could all this be true?!

“So the woman that was with you the other night...”

“Yeah its her.”

“And she killed your little brother?” Her eyes swung her way.



“Yes.”

“How can you still sympathize with them?” she didn’t dare look Jon’s way.

“Jon isn’t the same. He is different. He still has humanity inside him.”

Ciara didn’t look convinced.

“Now where do I fit in all of this.”

Everyone fell silent, their eyes turned towards Jon.

“We think we need to go now.” David stood up.

“Yeah I think we should.”

Oh God! They’re gonna lea...

Jon was focused on her.

Ksenia stood before her.” I know this all seem crazy and I can understand if you hate me right now. But I love you. You’re a dear friend and everything I did I meant to protect you. We were wrong in keeping it from you but Jon will explain it all to you.”

For a moment she thought the girl might reach out and hug her but she only reached for her hand, squeezing it for a moment.

As they all left, the room became gravely quiet.

“Sit down Ciara. We need to talk.”

“I’m thirsty.”

...and hungry.

“Lets get you some food.”

“Will you stop reading my mind! Haven’t you invaded enough of me?!” His eyes morphed into lazy slumbering cobalt.

“I wouldn’t call it invasion...”

“Jon not now. I can’t deal with this right now.”

Her tired request ripped the sensuality right out of the moment.

~~~

Two days later...

Ciara watched in silence as the show drew to a close. She would have preferred to be alone at the hotel with a good book and a warm bed but she was forced to be in close proximity with Jon at all times.

Jon walked down the stage, a towel in his hands he wiped his sweaty face but lingered long enough to nod her way.

Yes your majesty.

She saw his smile before it disappeared into the towel.

Damn you!

She waited in his dressing room like a cat on hot coals, she hated to be bossed around but she would hate it even more if she had to see him in his vampire state. It scared the living daylights out of her and although they haven’t discussed it they came to a sort of truce between them. She listens and he will not turn.

He walked through the door without acknowledging her at all, throwing the towel on the dressing table he whipped his shirt over his head, sending it towards the towel. Ciara turned her head as his hand closed on his belt...

“I wish you wouldn’t insist on me being here when you have to undress and shower. A half an hour without your presence...”

“will be disastrous. Accept it Ciara. I will have it no other way.” She looked towards the moving voice and received an eyeful of butt cheeks as he strutted towards the shower.

“Like what you see?” She could hear his arrogant smile in his voice.

“I didn’t...”

“...yes you did.”

“Do you have eyes in the back of your head now too?”

His throaty laugh could be heard above the streaming water.

Waiting a few minutes, Ciara slipped out the door.

Forcing herself not to think what she was doing, she eased her steps, not wanting to raise her heartbeat.

She needed a breather, some cool air to soothe the heat on her skin. She was hot and sweaty, uncomfortable to say the least. It was like she had a constant furnace burning inside her, chasing her, causing her body to yearn for another. Warm gentle male hands, soothing her skin, hard muscles pressed into her, moving against her, making her feel wanton.

“Ciara...Ciara...Ciara....” The female voice ripped the breath right out of her lungs. The wild, red curls shimmered in the electric light, the breeze lifted and played with it but when Ciara met her eyes, her heart tripped. Crimson coals shone from the feminine face.

She took a step back.

“I take it Jon has told you about himself and my role in all this drama, seeing that you’re not running and screaming bloody murder.” Her voice purred.

“Yes he did. What do you want?”

“Ooohhh nothing in particular.” She sniffed at the dark mahogany curls.”Your scent it getting stronger. You shouldn’t be alone unless you like the idea of vampires abducting you, having their wicked way with you. Is that what you like?”

“What are you talking about?” Fear joined the dark scent drifting from her.

“Aaahh so loverboy hasn’t told you that part yet. How about you feeding from him, needing his blood?”

“Chimala! Thats enough!” Jon spat at the woman and she retreated quickly.

“You cannot keep it from her Jon. She needs to know.”

“Not from you! Not like this for fuck’s sake!”

Ciara stared dumfounded at the snarling vampire. His fangs protruded past his lips, the anger in his flashing eyes turned her blood to ice.

“If I ever see you close to her again, I’ll rip your fucking heart out. Do you understand?”

“You cant keep her to yourself for ever but calm down pretty boy, I’ll leave you to your precious little plaything. Taking her home to ease that burning? We can always do it three ways, imagine all the fun we’ll have...” His warning growl pulled her lips into a fanged smile. “Okay, okay.. I know when I’m not wanted. Toodles...”

She vanished just as quickly as she appeared. Jon stared into the darkness, paused for moment. He turned so quickly towards her, she gasped.

His face was void of any violence, yet the white flashing fangs and shimmering irises raised a fear inside her, threatening to choke her.

He closed the space between them, brushing the back of his hand over her cheek, he leaned closer, breathing deep, he exhaled, a deep rumble vibrated from his lips.

“You’re hot to the touch and....hhmmmmmmm....I could just eat you.”

Her silence forced his eyelids to pull back. Their lips almost touched, their breaths mingled. His eyes were clouded with unbridled passion, hers alert with fear.

“Jon...” her eyes fell on his lips.

“Does it bother you that much? Can’t get passed the fact that I am what I am can you?“ He licked the sharp edges. Slowly but surely they inched higher. His hand closed around her arm and this time there was nothing romantic about it.

“Let’s get back. We need to have this talk and get the hell over with it.”

No comments:

Post a Comment