I just want to shout out a BIG thank you to my very talented German friend, Judith! She made all the graphics in the fic! Thanx girl they are awesome!!!

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Chapter 128

Ciara’s blood curling screams woke her from her terror filled dreams. She shot up from the bed, cradling her throat.

“Its ok...you are ok baby. Sshhh...I’m here.”

Ciara’s pliant body coiled like a spring as she realised in whose arms she was.

“No! Don’t touch me!” She shoved at his chest, gasping as she stared into the blue shining orbs in the dark. She scuttled away from him.

Jon blinked, realising what he had just done, he turned his face. He looked back and the glare was gone.

“I’m sorry honey.”

He flicked the lamp switch.

“Are you ok?”

“I had some nightmares. I’m ok.”

Please don’t touch me.

“I won’t touch you.” He groaned.

She frowned.

”Yeah, that’s something else you didn’t know, I read minds. There’s much you don’t know about me.”

“I know you are a liar, a cheat, a killer. Frankly, that’s more than enough for me.”

His hand brushed through his hair.

“Fair enough.”

He turned on his heel. He had to get away from her right that minute before...

“I hate you.”

His steps silenced. He didn’t turn around and she was so glad he didn’t.

“No, you don’t. Go to sleep.”

“Or else you’ll make me?”

“Ciara, don’t say things you will regret later.”

“There’s nothing to say that I will regret. You are a vile, despicable....”

“Why don’t you say it? You are thinking it.” He snapped.

“...vampire.” It rushed from her lips hastily.

“There. See? Was it so difficult?” He disappeared from the room. A cold breeze chased her underneath the covers.

~~

Ciaira woke with the soothing rays of the morning sun filtering in from the window. She stretched slowly and winced as her body bemoaned its injured state, bringing the evening’s previous incident immediately to mind.

Her eyes shot open, she sighed, sagging back into the covers. She was alone. Staring at the ceiling she tried to make sense of it all. How was it possible that she never realised who or what he was? He had haunted her dreams and unbeknownst to her he was her employer, staring her in the face everyday, enjoying every damn moment, savouring her terror, her confusion! Reading her damn thoughts!! What kind of a man was he?

“Vampire remember? Evil beast, demon, devils’s spawn...”

Her gasp whipped in the air.

He was walking closer to the bed. Ciara didn’t want to feel like a caged animal and she shot from the bed, almost tripping over the trail of her remaining clothes of the previous night.

He didn’t let up and Ciara swallowed as hysteria build.

“You shouldn’t be out of bed. You have a concussion.” She locked her arms in defence across her chest, backing up slowly.

Her pain pounded through him and he reached for her backing her successfully into a corner.

“You need to trust me Ciara. I’m not here to hurt you. I wanna help. C’mon honey.”

“NO! You don’t get to touch me...EVER!” She whipped her finger in the air, her hair tumbling wildly down her shoulders.

“Ciara...listen to me.”

“I’m done listening to you! Why are you doing this to me? First you accosted me in my own home, crashing my Halloween party. Then you send your friends to persuade me to tour with you. I thought I was losing my mind! All the nightmares...your unwanted nightly visitations, scaring me out of my damn mind. I’m not even sure what was real! Why cant you just leave me alone, what do you want from me?!”

Her screaming sent a painful jab through her skull and she felt herself sag onto the carpet.

“You’re only making things worse. Let me help you.”

“No!”

He swept her into his arms.

“Yes.”

She lay back on the mattress. His fingers brushed her temples, circling slowly, she felt warmth radiating from the tips of his fingers.

“Relax...this is gonna help you rest.”

“I don’t need your help.”

Her eyelids flickered, a calm feeling soaked into her dropping her on a fluffy cloud of...nothingness.

Jon’s fingers lingered on her face. The deep burrow between her eyes eased slowly, leaving in its place a sleeping angel.

He leaned closer, brushing his lips over hers, he took a deep breath. Her scent was overwhelming, her sweetness was drenched by the dark heady scent only he and the vampire of the previous night could smell. The vampire and probably any other vampire in the vicinity that is!

She had to stay with him if she was to stay safe. He would have to watch her 24/7 keeping her safe from other vampires, keeping her satisfied in his bed....

He snarled at the thought, shooting from the bed. His body tightened in awareness, yearning for the luscious curves slumbering in his bed.



He punched violently at the phone he snapped from his pocket.

“Rich get the guys together, we need to talk. “

The men filed in one after the other, their faces grave as they felt Jon’s mood cooling the air in the hotelroom.

“How is she bro’?”

“She hates my guts, her head is giving her hell but she’ll live.”

“You can’t blame her for hating you Jon, you haven’t been Mr honesty with her. This is all kinda of fucked up for her. Have you told her anything yet?” Tico wasn’t happy.



He shook his head.

“Not yet. She is too freaked out to listen to anything I had to say and besides she has a concussion, she needs to rest.”

“True.” Richie agreed.

“We have a bigger problem heading for us dead on. Her scent is getting stronger. You see what happens when another vampire picks up on it. She could have been...” Jon couldn’t utter the words.

He could feel his fury build just by the mere thought of it.

“So what’s the plan.”

“We need to keep her safe. She will just have to stay with me. I can watch her all night, I’m just not sure what we’re going to do when we are busy with a show...”

“You are discussing my life. Don’t you think I have some say in it?”



All heads whipped towards the girl clutching the doorframe.

“Ciara..”

“NO! You are all sick! What do you all get out of this? Are you vampires too?” Her thrill voice shot towards them.

“No Ciara. I’m the only vampire. You cant blame them, they were only protecting me.”

“And what about me? Did you see me as a comfortable meal for him? A little standby when he was too lazy to hunt for himself? What did I do to you? Why do I deserve this?”



Richie closed the space between them.

“Honey please its not what you think. We didn’t...”

A hard slap resounded in the air. His head jerked sideways.



“Oooook... I guess I deserved that.” He folded her into his arms nonetheless.

“Please honey calm down. We...I am so sorry for doing this. This was a selfish thing to do but there is more to all of this. “



Her heartbreaking sobs soaked his shirt, the men squirmed in their seats. Women and tears were terrible to deal with and if you were the cause of it...much worse!

Her tearstained face looked up at him.

“All this doesn’t matter. I’m going home and I’m going to forget that you all ever existed.”

No comments:

Post a Comment