I just want to shout out a BIG thank you to my very talented German friend, Judith! She made all the graphics in the fic! Thanx girl they are awesome!!!

Monday, May 17, 2010

Chapter 90

“So daddy’s isn’t going to be our daddy anymore? Is Bill going to be our daddy now?”

Jon swallowed at the huge lump in his throat. Dorothea’s huge eyes begged for help but he was lost.

“No honey. I’ll always be your daddy.” This was worse than he expected!

“Bill is mommy’s new friend.” Dot mumbled quickly.

“I don’t like Bill.” Jesse pouted.

“Well, I like him. He takes us to nice places and buys us lots of ice cream!” Stephanie quipped innocently.

“But he can’t play football like daddy. He is too old.”

“I will play with you when I come home but while I’m gone you have to listen to mommy and be nice to Bill, ok?”

“I don’t wanna stay here! I wanna come with you!” Jesse’s distressed outcry shocked the adults.

“Daddy needs to work Jesse, you know that.” Dot was close to tears.

“You are such a cry baby!” Stephanie taunted, only making matters worse.

“Stephanie be nice! Jesse I’ll make you a deal. You can come with me for a few days, but only a few days, ok buddy? You are still too young to be on tour for too long. So if I take you will you promise to be a good boy when you come home?”

“I promise! I promise!” The joy in his boy’s dark eyes lighten his heart, he was wanted and loved by a tiny person. Things did seem to look up after all.

“You two go play outside. Mommy and I need to talk, ok?”

The kids skipped off, Jesse’s high pitched voice chatting excitedly.

“Are you sure you can take him Jon?”



“I think its a good idea, maybe I can help him overcome the whole idea of us divorcing. I love my kids, whatever I can do I’ll do.“

Dorothea smile, “ I think you may be right, but do we need to send Sophia with you?”

“Naaah, I have someone I can trust him with but you will need to come pick him up. Is that ok?”

“It’s fine.”

~~

Richie waited for them as they walked into the hotel. He seemed tense and barely smiled as the girls came closer.

“Is something wrong?” She stood on tiptoe, leaving a peck on his lips.

“It’s Jon, personal shit going on.” He wasn’t too sure if he should discuss this in front of Ciara and decided against it.

Realising that they might need privacy, she thanked Ksenia and excused herself.

“What happened? Is everyone ok?”

“Dot asked for a divorce. Shit! Its fucked up! They were supposed to make it...I just don’t understand what went wrong.”



“Oh no! This might just push Jon over the edge! What did he say, how did he sound?”

“You know, he seemed calm. He is bringing his son with him for a few days. The boy doesn’t seem to accept the new guy in Dot’s life. I can’t believe I’m saying this! Hell this is just not right...not right at all.”

“It’s always worse on the kids.” Ksenia was fearful for Jon. Was he going to get through this?

“How is he going to cope with his son here?”

Richie shrugged.

“Hell I dunno. I think he has Ciara in mind. I hope that girl is equipped to deal with a five year old who is going through a hard time with his parents.”

Ksenia smiled.

“Somehow I think she will be just fine. That woman is an angel and besides what am I? Dead meat? I can help too you know. Don’t worry about Jesse he is going to be in good, safe hands. You just take care of Jon, he’ll need support from you and the guys.”

~~

Ciara stared at the cream walls, her stomach was tied up in knots.

Since she was informed that she would be in charge off looking after Jon’s son she was positive she must have done something seriously evil in her previous life.

Not only was she in charge of his damn wardrobe now she was the sole responsible person for his son? Holy mackerel!

She loved kids, she always had but how do you treat a rock star kid? Apparently he was only five years old but would he be a brat? Pushing her thoughts aside she decided to meet the boy before she judged. Her mother always taught her that and that’s what she’ll do.

A knock at her door had her on her feet and the glass of water on the carpet. Showtime!

“They are here.”

Ksenia felt sorry for the girl looking positively petrified.

“Don’t worry everything will work out fine. Trust me I know these things.” Ksenia winked playfully, lacing her arm through Ciara’s, they chattered all the way to the hotel room.

No comments:

Post a Comment