I just want to shout out a BIG thank you to my very talented German friend, Judith! She made all the graphics in the fic! Thanx girl they are awesome!!!

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Chapter 89

Ciara sighed as she hung the last shirt. She had gone through every shirt, pants and jacket, mended anything and everything that needed mending even those that didn’t really needed any at all.

These last couple of days felt so empty, she felt empty and lonely for some reason...sadness seem to pounce on her for no apparent reason and she was baffled by it all.

“Knock knock...am I interrupting?” Ksenia’s petite face peaked around the door.

“Oh please no! I’m bored out of my mind!”

“So then a girl’s day out would be in order?”

“Wonderful! But aren’t I supposed to put in a full day’s work?”

“I know the boss personally. He won’t mind a bit.” She winked.

She knew Ksenia for a few days but it seemed like she had known the girl forever. She was a far cry from her crazy girlfriend at home but she welcomed the gentle demeanour of the girl.

“So? Are you ready to go?”

“Oh so ready! I hope we catch something to eat first though, I’m staaaarving!”

~~

Jon fell down onto the grass, huffing and puffing just to be jabbed by knees and elbows as Jesse slammed down on his body.

“I caught you daddy!”

“That you did sport!” Jon’s laughter bubbled freely from him.

Dot smiled but the longing was evident in her dark brown eyes.

“He loves having you here. We all do.”

“Mom look at the flower I got you!” Stephanie came rushing with flowers in her hand.

“That’s beautiful honey! “

“This one is for you daddy.”

“Hhmmm it smells....nice.” Jon wiggled his nose as a sneeze build up.

“Oh you’re so silly daddy!”

“You are just in time for lunch...” Dot unpacked the picnic basket.

The kids wandered off a while later, leaving the adults in an uncomfortable silence.

“You know its time for me to get back? We have a show in two day’s time.”

“I know.”

“We had some good times.”

“Yeah we did.”

“You can draw up the papers and send them over as soon as its done. I don’t want to drag this out.” The bulge in his throat almost choked him.

Her hand reached his, clutching desperately.

“Am I making the mistake of my life? Letting you go?”

“That I cannot tell you, I’m biased.” He smiled gently.

“I need you to tell me I’m making a mistake and I’ll take your word for it.” Her desperate plea tucked at his heart.

“Dot I want to tell you, you are making the mistake of your life and that I think Bill is an asshole and there is no one better than me. But that would be total bullshit. As much as I love you and the kids , I’m to blame for all this. I cannot give you what you crave and who am I to prevent you from finding the one that can provide everything you deserve. Besides, do you really want a vampire for a husband, a violent beast that might attack at any provocation? So no baby, I will never tell you that you are making a mistake.”

“You surprised me the other night you know.” Her voice wavered.

“I did?” His eyes shifted from the clouds to her face.

“I didn’t think you had so much emotion in you, enough to lose control around me that is. I was scared to death when you attacked me but it was the first time you ever showed emotion since that night. You seemed alive somehow, maybe not in a good way but yeah.” Her laugh brushed his nerves.

“The emotion was called jealousy, quite a strong emotion. I could have killed you Dot.”

“But you didn’t.”

“No I didn’t. Pure luck, that’s all. Soooo... when are we going to tell the kids?”

“Tonight I think?”

His stomach dipped at the thought.

“Ok.” His children’s world was about to change forever. Hell! Was he ready for that?

~~

“This is goooorgeous but expensive!” Ciara’s hands stroked the ruby red satin brushing her curves.

Would he love seeing her in this?

Flashing images of ruby red curtains blowing in the night brushed her thoughts and she shuddered in excitement, strong hands gripping her sides, lips tracing her throat...red, passionate nights with her vampire or was it the blue eyes stranger she met?

“Ciara?”

“Oh! Oh I’m sorry...a bit of daydreaming.”

“Rendezvous with a sexy stranger, huh?”

Giggling guiltily she nodded.

“Something like that.”

“You should buy this, its perfect on you.”

“I should, shouldn’t I? Just a pity I don’t have anybody to show it too.”

“Don’t be surprised if you have someone soon. You are beautiful!”

“Oh you! Well I hope so, I had someone in mind but...”, she had to think quickly, the poor girl will think she lost her marbles if she mentions a lover with fangs!

Ksenia’s interest was thoroughly pricked.

“C’mon tell me!”

Ciara smiled secretively.

“Oh I ’m just silly. I’ve only met the guy once! I met him the first night I came here. Gorgeous man! When I see him again I’ll introduce you, ok?”

“Deal! Now how about this to go with the red satin?” ,Ksenia dangled a tiny red lacy thong in the air.

Grabbing it quickly she made her way towards the cashier.

“Ok we better go. I’m going to be broke before I own my first salary cheque!”

No comments:

Post a Comment