I just want to shout out a BIG thank you to my very talented German friend, Judith! She made all the graphics in the fic! Thanx girl they are awesome!!!

Monday, May 17, 2010

Chapter 91

Jon jack knifed from the couch, taking Richie by surprise.

“What’s up brother?”

“Ciara is at the door. I can’t deal with her now.” His eyes glittered restlessly.

“Should I tell her to come back later?” David offered.

“Nah its ok, the sooner she meets Jesse the better for them both.”

“You can’t always run away from her Jon. You have to come face to face with her sooner or later and now with her looking after Jesse...” Tico’s voice faltered as Ksenia’s voice floated into the room as the door swung open.

All eyes turned to where Jon was standing only moments ago but was met with an empty spot.

Ciara’s eyes searched for a strange face and felt the disappointment flicker as three familiar faces smiled at her.

“The nanny has landed.” David quipped, receiving an unsteady smile for his trouble.

“So where are the daddy and the junior?” Ciara kept her voice light.

“The junior is sleeping and the daddy is...well...he is..” Richie looked around for help.

“..oh let me guess, he had something to do.” Ciara finished the sentence, irritation clear in her beautiful green eyes.

“Something like that, yeah.”

“Maybe I should go.”

“Daddy?”

A dark haired boy came wandering in, rubbing his sleepy eyes with tiny fists.

Ciara’s heart clenched the moment her eyes rested on the tiny human. He seemed so lost somehow.

“Buddy?”

The boy focused on the people scattered all over the room, his eyes focusing on the familiar voice calling out at him.

“Uncle Richie!” his feet pattered towards the man and he hurled himself into the man’s arms.

“Woooaaaa sport! You have grown so much since I’ve seen you! Wow whatcha eatin?”

“Mommy makes me eat all my veggies. She says it makes me strong, maybe that’s it?”

Chuckles could be heard across the room.

“Yeah must be it. You know mommies are always right.”

Shaking his head, he frowned.

“I don’t think so. My mommy wants Bill to be my new daddy and I don’t think that’s right...”

A hush fell across the room. Ciara’s eyes widened as she realised the implication of the child’s remark and probably the reason for his sudden visit.

Jon was going through a divorce! Didn’t the boy accept the new man in his mother’s life?

The situation was much more serious than she thought!

“I’m sorry you had to find it out this way.” Ksenia clicked her tongue sympathetically.

“It’s a private matter , I totally understand.”

“I’m glad you see it that way Ciara. One thing you must understand. Everything that happens in Bon Jovi, stays in Bon Jovi and sometimes not even the workforce of Bon Jovi always knows about the most intimate stuff. “ Richie came closer, the boy balanced easily on his arm. It was a clear warning, yet gently set across.

“I understand that this is a sensitive matter and I can promise you whatever is said here, wont pass my lips. I can promise you total confidentiality.”

“Thank you.”

Ciara stared at the friendly dark eyes. How could anyone be afraid of such expressive eyes? The dark eyes suddenly turned towards the small boy.

“Jesse I want you to meet Ciara, she is going to be your friend while you are visiting daddy.”

Curious eyes scrutinized her and she smiled.

“Hello Jesse. I’m Ciara.”

“Are you daddy’s new girlfriend? Now that mommy doesn’t want him anymore?”

All eyes were on Ciara in an instant. She could feel it, some were mocking, others were intense.

Looking around she found all eyes on her to be mockingly waiting...where was the set of burning eyes then?

She gave a little chuckle, holding out her hand she smiled as the little boy responded, shaking the tiny hand she explained.

“No, sweetie. I’m working for your daddy. I’m going to be your friend, helping daddy to look after you when he is working. We are going to have fun while he does all the boring grown up stuff.”

“Oh ok.” He nodded.

“Starting tomorrow we are going to have fun. You think of fun things to do and I will too ok?”

“Ok! We better start with ice cream. I love ice cream!” his enthusiasm was charming.

~~~

Ciara fought against sleep. Twisting and turning for what seems like an eternity, she decided to go for a swim in the heated pool of the hotel. Slipping into her swimsuit, she pulled on a comfy sweatpants and top.

Just as she was ready to leave the room, her phone rang.

“Hello?”

“Ciara? It’s Jon.”

“Hi...”

“Were you sleeping?”

“No, I’ve been having trouble sleeping but....uuh no. Is there something wrong?”

His soft laugh brushed over her.

“Nothing wrong. I missed you when you met my son tonight. You made quite an impression on him it seems.”

“Oh?”

“He call’s you the pretty lady with the big green eyes and lots of curly hair.”

“Maybe my name is too difficult to remember.”, she laughed light heartedly, “He seems like a nice boy. I’m sorry he has to go through a divorce though, its never easy for children.” Her face warmed.

The voice was silent for a few moments but when he responded, it was dripping venom.

“You don’t have to remind me of that. It’s difficult on everyone not just the kids and I would appreciate it if you wouldn’t mention the divorce to Jesse or anyone else.”

See what your blabbering brings you!

“Of course not, I’m sorry I brought it up.”

“I hope you keep this matter to yourself. I don’t appreciate gossip. The band’s life is private. Keep it that way.”

Ciara gritted her teeth. Hell! The man was easily aggravated!

“I don’t gossip, ever. Is there something else you would like to discuss with me?”

“My day starts tomorrow at 5 am. I want you at my place before then. Jesse will be asleep but I want to make sure someone will be there when he wakes up. I’m in and out of meetings and interviews so I will need you to keep him entertained for the day. I should be back before six tomorrow night.”

“ No problem. Do I need to know anything specific? Is he allergic to anything, any preferences in food?”

“No allergies. Just make sure he eats healthy. He is allowed some treats but not too much and don’t let him twist you around his pinkie, he is good with it.”

“Of course.”

“Good. Tomorrow then?”

“Tomorrow...”

The phone clicked in her ear. Banging the phone down, she mumbled ferociously.

Sleep now completely impossible, she headed towards the door.

The water seemed so inviting as she neared the pool moments later.

Slipping out of her sweatpants and top, she suddenly felt awareness flare up. It felt like someone was watching...

Uncertain of her feelings, she scrutinized her surroundings. She was completely alone. Shaking the silly feeling aside, she stepped close towards the edge, dipping her toe to test the water.

“Aaahhh...heaven!”

1 comment:

  1. Well Jonny, it's not nice to toss your boy like that in her lap and on top of that get a temper tantrum about your divorce... ugh...
    You better get not caught watching her now ;)

    ReplyDelete