I just want to shout out a BIG thank you to my very talented German friend, Judith! She made all the graphics in the fic! Thanx girl they are awesome!!!

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Chapter 79

“Now you be a good boy, you hear? Ooh mama loves you!” she pushed her face one last time into the thick ginger coat, feeling her cheek vibrate as the deep purr vibrated through his skin.

“The food is...”

“...in that cupboard over there, he gets a bowl of milk everyday, I know, I know. He will be alright, get your ass outta here. Blondie has been waiting at the car for almost half an hour. You go! We will be alright ! “ Just to contradict Holly’s statement, the cat growled as Holly picked it up.

“Go! He will get used to me. Don’t worry about him ok? GO!”

“Am I making the mistake of my life Holly?” insecurity turned her eyes to glassy marbles.

“You’ll be ok. Go! I want a daily update and as many pics as that little camera of yours will allow, you hear me?” A quick hug and a squished ginger cat later, Ciara turned and walked out the door without looking back. Tears stung her eyes and fear gnawed at her gut.

“Hello David.”

“How ya doin Ciara? You ready?”

Tears brimmed her beautiful eyes and he felt a twinge of guilt. Leading the princess right into the hands of the monster...Jon wasn’t a monster! He was ...just...different. He pushed his thoughts to the background.

“Everything will be ok. You’ll see. We might look like a bunch of farts but we are actually fun to be with. Lucky for you, you’ve already met the heartthrob in the band, so you’ll be ok, more than ok. I’ll make sure of it.” He winked playfully, waving dramatically towards the open car door while he bowed deeply.

Swallowing at the lump she smiled tearfully, blinking to keep the tears at bay.

“I’m going to hold you to that.” She managed with a voice she didn’t think she had.

Sliding into the car, she managed one last goodbye before her tears blinded her completely.

What the hell was she thinking?! Was it too late to back out?

Pride prevented her from banging on the windows to be let out while fear of the unknown chiselled at her insides.

~~

Jon was pacing like a caged lion.

“Brother, you are going to wear the carpet out man. Get your ass into a seat. What’s eating you by the way?”

“She is coming.”

“She?” Richie frowned, as realisation dawned, he felt his stomach drop.

“Not the girl from the bar?! Fuck Jon what are you doing man? Do you want to get caught?”

“I’m not going to get caught, she is going to tour with us. Nothing to it.”

“Nothing to it?! Oh fuck please! You already have an acquired taste for her, what ya gonna do? Keep her as your personal bloodbank?! For fuck’s sake Jon! THINK!”

“Keep your fucking voice down.” A hint of fangs peeped from under tightly drawn lips. “She could be right at the door this very second! You wanna fuck it up for me?” She was here, in the building, not close enough to hear them though, he would have known instantly but Richie didn’t know that.

“I agree with Richie. This fucking stinks. This is going to go down bad....for her...for all of us. You can’t control yourself around her, how is bringing her here gonna change everything?” Tico’s deep voice vibrated through the room.

“Shut it.” Jon sneered, his eyes blazing. “...and its the last time I’m gonna ask nicely.” Protruding fangs flashed in warning.

“I will shut up as soon as I’ve said this. I will not let you use her as your personal bloodbank Jon. This is too close to home and this is an innocent girl, not you plaything. So be warned.” Richie gritted before he stalked out of the room just to crash into the centre of all the stirring in the Bon Jovi camp.

“Oh excuse ....” it was the widest most expressive emerald eyes he had ever seen in his years. He didn’t get to stare very long into the green jewels. She whipped shocked eyes towards David, her face ashen, a breathy gasp rushing past lips.

“This is the guitarist of the band, Richie. Richie this is Ciara. She is coming with us on tour. Just a word of caution, this is mister Casanova right there, you be careful of him.” His warm smile died away as he met her gaze.

“Ciara what’s wrong honey?”

She blinked once...twice...this was the man in her visions! But how was that possible, he missed some things though, a guitar and a black Stetson.

“I’m sorry, I thought I’ve seen him somewhere. I must be mistaken.” Her wobbly smile turned towards Richie again.

David smiled, whispering close to her ear.

“Well we are a rockband sweetie, maybe you’ve seen us on tv?”

Trying to shake the niggly feeling she faked a smile. He was in her visions, the unwelcome visions haunting her so often.

“Maybe that’s it. I’m sorry for being so rude. Hello Richie, please to meet you.”

Richie wasn’t fooled, the wary look in her eyes screamed at him.

Taking her peachy skin in his huge hand, she smiled.

“Ciara is it? Great to meet you hun. I hope you are ready for some bone breaking hard work and lots of fun.”

She returned the smile, his hand was huge and warm, his smile seems to be genuine. Her gut instinct told her to trust this chocolaty eyed man, but why has she seen him in visions before? Wasn’t it a warning of some kind?

Wariness radiated from her eyes as she withdrew her hand, leaving Richie positively puzzled.

A movement from the door caught her attention and she turned her head. A dark haired man with friendly dark eyes and a bright smile approached them.

“This is Teek...or otherwise known as Tico. This is our hitman.”

Ciara paled to the men’s greatest amusement.

“Isn’t that illegal to even mention it?” her expressive eyes looked warily at the man.

“Honey don’t you listen to these assholes. I’m the drummer, and you are welcome to call me Teek.” His hand was gentle, a far cry from a deadly assassin’s grip.

Hit...drums....ahhh.

Her laugh tinkled in the air.

“I-I-I-I get it...drummer, hitman. You scared me there for a moment! I’m not used to music lingo yet but I’ll catch up!”

All men froze as the unmistakable growl drifted from the room. The girl didn’t seem to have noticed. They relaxed.

“For you I can be a hitman. You just say the word. Any trouble from any of them and you just call me.” Tico winked

The warning didn’t go unnoticed and the men swept a worried look at each other. The prowling, growling man in the room was on everybody’s mind. Why didn’t he come out and meet her?

David stepped towards the room.

“You hang on for a sec, we are almost done with the introductions, I just want to get the leading man to come and say hi.”

You could have heard a pin drop...

Whipping his head around the door, he was met with an empty room.

“I guess we have to meet Jon later. I thought he was in here.”

Steering her away with his hand, holding her slightly by the elbow, she didn’t miss the exchange of worried looks between the band members.

Maybe the lead singer wasn’t too keen to have a new roadie?

She suppressed the snort making its way through her nose.

Oh great! That’s all I need! An arrogant lead singer with no manners! This could get interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment