I just want to shout out a BIG thank you to my very talented German friend, Judith! She made all the graphics in the fic! Thanx girl they are awesome!!!

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Chapter 78

David stared at his cold coffee, his thoughts ...and hopes were somewhere else. More particularly, a green eyed, mahogany curled lady. Would she be here today? God he hoped so!

Her acceptance of the job he offered depended on so much, more than she could ever dream of. It meant the livelihood of the band, more importantly Jon’s sanity...if it could ever be saved that is. All he hoped to God was that she wouldn’t have to pay the ultimate price for all this...sacrifices..sometimes they have to be made.

He heard the soft tinkle of a female’s voice even before he saw them. His heart thudded in his chest, how to approach her this time without her bringing up stalking charges. Damn the shit a brother will do for another!

By the slight raise of her voice he knew they were having a tiff. The blonde one was like a lil yapping dog, nagging at her relentlessly.

“Shit Holly can we please just have some coffee please, geesshh!”

“I’m just saying girl. You need to get out, you act like a real damn spinster since Halloween. Are you pining for the sexy vampire?”

David almost choked on his coffee.

“Will you please for Pete sake just let it be! Its been weeks! I don’t pine for any damn male, especially not THAT man!”

Holly sighed, shrugging her shoulders.

“Well, ok then but I was just saying...you need to...”

Ciara’s eyes caught the blonde curls trying to be inconspicuous and doing a very shitty

job at that.

“You know what? I think I‘ll do it.”

Without so much as a glance at Holly, she stood up, making her way towards the now squirming man in the seat.

“Hi. Do you still remember me? I guess you do huh...ok...so is the job still available?” Her heart was pounding and the words just rolled of her tongue before she could even breathe her next breath.

Her flashing eyes kept him captive.

“Hello...yes, I think...yes it is.” His smile could blind a blind man at that moment.

Licking her lips nervously, she met his gaze.

“I’ll take it. When do I start?” Cat eyes flashed, determination smouldering in them like hot coals.

“What about Immediately? We are heading out of town soon. Tell you what, give me your address and I’ll arrange for you to be picked up. Call me when you are ready and I’ll send someone around to pick you up.”

Shaking her head slightly, she met his gaze.

“No...no I’m sorry. You will do the picking up. I don’t know anyone else so its you or the deal is off.”

She didn’t dare look back at Holly but she could feel the stunned stare boring into her back.

Take that missy!

David flashed a row of pearly whites.

“Deal. You call me and I’m there.”

A nervousness licked at her insides.

“Lets make an arrangement right now. Tomorrow evening at six. Will that suit you?”

He nodded silently but she didn’t miss the satisfied glow in his eyes.

Was she making the mistake of her life? She barely knew this man.

Shaking the nagging feeling from her, she shook her long curls , straightening her back, meeting the curly stranger’s eyes.

“Tomorrow evening at six it is then.” His smile was easy and somehow she didn’t feel threatened by him at all.

“Tell me one thing, David. Do you make it a habit by recruiting young woman on a whim?”

His smile was blinding and somehow reassuring.

“As a matter of fact no but I just heard your conversation and I had a feeling about you. You need some excitement in your life and Bon Jovi can provide it. THAT I guarantee.” His smile was easy and reassuring, his baby blue eyes so clear and easy to trust.

After they’ve exchanged his number once again, Ciara made her way towards a wide eyed

Holly.

“Well I’ll be damned! You actually took the leap! So does that mean Garfield and I am going to get better acquainted?”

“Everyday. You hear me? You feed him everyday, if my cat so much as lose an ounce I’ll haul your ass over the coals.”

Ciara’s eyes were shining brightly, her heart bouncing in her chest. What the hell had she just done!

You agreed to travel the world with a rockband. The little voice accused.

Holly’s excited giggle yanked her back to reality, cocking her head sideways she found an empty seat where David had just been.

Deep down, she had this niggly feeling that her life was about to change irrevocably.

~~

David’s ass hit the couch, a smug look on his handsome face.

Jon flashed a quick glance his way before he buried his face in the lines of new lyrics scribbled on the paper before him.

“Whatcha so smug about?”

“She is coming Jonnyboy. “

The paper slid down from his face, falling from his nerveless fingers.

“You’re fucking kidding me right?”

Joy bounced from the friendly blue eyes.

“Does it look like I’m kidding?”

No...he wasn’t kidding.

“You did it. You actually fucking did it.” Jon’s eyes morphed into a darker shade of violet. A deep purr rumbled from his chest, affirming once again that the Jon before him was more than he appeared to be.

“Well please don’t fall over yourself to kiss my feet in gratitude!” Jon was happy again!

“Thank you asshole. I owe ya.” The smile was devastating and the fangs worrisome but David couldn’t help but feel proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment