I just want to shout out a BIG thank you to my very talented German friend, Judith! She made all the graphics in the fic! Thanx girl they are awesome!!!

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Chapter 76

David and Tico were sipping at their coffees. Tico’s nose was buried deep into the morning paper before him and David’s eyes were trained on the two beautiful girls on the other side of the cafe.

“Stop staring David. Jon is going to have your ass for stalking her like this.” His dark drawl didn’t even draw a blink from the curly blonde male.

“I can see what Jon sees in her Teek. She is damn gorgeous but somehow I think the attraction goes much deeper than that and I’m NOT stalking her. I’m checking her out, there is a difference. I’m gonna get myself a muffin, you want one?”

“Nah, I’m good thanks.” The dark head disappeared back into the newspaper again.

Standing close to the counter, waiting his turn, David cocked his head towards the ladies, listening in to the private conversation.

“So tell me Sweetcakes. What ya gonna do with yourself now? You are not the lazing around kinda gal.” Holly asked.

Playing with the teaspoon between her fingers, Ciara shrugged.

“Dunno yet. Something I would never do, something outrageous, something fun. Something VERY tiring.”

“What about stripping? You have the bod for it and you might just get lucky too.” Her giggle was contagious and Ciara’s chuckle followed moments later.

“You are the devil in disguise.”

Taking a generous bite of her muffin she grinned.

“You better know it!”

“Excuse me?”

The women turned their heads towards the polite request.

“I’m sorry to intrude but I couldn’t help but overhear your conversation.”

The look on their faces made him took a step closer.

“I know its not polite and I apologise but I might just have the job you.”

Ciara looked at the clean shaven man with honeyed curls and clear blue eyes. Was he some weirdo? He didn’t look like it...

“I’m sure you meant well but I’m sorry, I don’t think I’ll be interested.” She turned her head in final dismissal.

“Give the man a chance girl!”, Holly smiled.

Ciara sighed. Holly was such a sucker where good looking guys were concerned. Tapping her fingers impatiently, she turned towards the looming shadow.

“Clever girl.” David winked at the blonde girl.

“I’m from a band and we are touring at the moment. I don’t usually do this but it seems like you need a break from real life. We always need an extra hand, so if you wanna do tired and exciting, this is the job for you.”

He can’t be serious! A roadie? Ridiculous!

“Thank you but no, I don’t think its something I would like to do.”

Ciara blinked, was it disappointment she saw in his eyes?

“Of course, sorry for the intrusion. Well if you change your mind....call me. Grabbing a napkin, he scribbled down his name and number.” Just as he turned to walk away, Holly called his name.

“Tell me David, which band are you playing for?”

“You might have heard of us, Bon Jovi? “ he smiled and walked away, leaving a gaping girl staring at his back.

“Did you hear it? Bon friggen Jovi! Girl how can you pass something like that up? Damn girl! Traveling with sexy men for a few months...I mean hell!”

She shrugged her shoulder nonchalant.

“Easy...I just did.”

No comments:

Post a Comment