I just want to shout out a BIG thank you to my very talented German friend, Judith! She made all the graphics in the fic! Thanx girl they are awesome!!!

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Chapter 59




As the words left his mouth, Dorothea seemed more and more withdrawn. Expressions of horror and sometimes disgust faltered Jon’s speech but only with her encouragement did he put it into words. Telling her the horrors he went through, avoiding the most gruesome details of his victims, that and the sex.

The room went silent as Jon ended his story. Dorothea watched her hands, her mind tried to process what he had told her, her brain refusing to take it all in.

“You said that the professor said that you are not just a vampire that needs blood. What else do you need to survive.” She almost regretted asking but she had to know, she needed to know the man sitting before her, what made him tick.

Jon stood up, walking towards the window, he lit a cigarette, his face lit by the moon’s light.

“I’m a sanguine. That’s what the professor called me anyway. I need blood and energy to survive. Blood alone wont satisfy me, I need to draw from people’s energy. So as you can imagine, I had more that enough of that during the tour.”  His laugh rang softly into the night.

“Is that why you are still so pale?”

Jon didn’t answer, staring at the dark night before him, he listened to the night life.

“Jon?”

“Yeah, I guess.”

He heard her footsteps inching closer.

“You are avoiding the subject Jon. There is something you are not telling me.”

“Now is not the right time for this Dot. Not now ok?”

“NO JON! You are not holding out on me! We talk this thing through tonight, TONIGHT!!! Or…”

“Or what baby? You gonna show me the door?” his cold laugh did nothing for her overworked nerves. “So you want the truth huh? You sure you can handle it?”

Grabbing her slightly by the upper arms, he marched her backwards until the back of her knees touched the mattress.

“Sit down…AND STAY THERE!”  He really could do without the scent of a woman in his nostrils tonight!

Jon walked back towards the window. The more space between them the better.

Silence dragged on. Dorothea didn’t dare utter a word and Jon seemed to be lost in another world. A few moments later the silence was broken by Jon’s low voice.

“ I hit the jackpot baby not only do I need energy and blood..I need sex too. I’m a sexual vampire, yeah me!.” His sarcasm lay thick in the already stifling air.

He watched as emotions washed across her face. Hurt, sadness and a sudden flare of anger had her on her feet.

“I want you out of my house tomorrow.”

She turned on her heel and walked out. The slam of her bedroom door snapped Jon back to life.

“You don’t really think I’m going to play this fucking game with you do you?”  the words crunched through his gritted teeth.

Dorothea cried out as she bumped into the fleshy wall of her husband.

“How? What?”

“You thought doors could keep me out? Please Dorothea, you are an intelligent woman.” His hands clamped her wrists tightly, his eyes flashed dangerously.

“You wanted to talk, now we damn well talk woman. You think you can have it all your way? Sorry sweetheart, game over.”

“Jon you are hurting me! Stop it.”

He eased his death grip on her but didn’t let go.

“What do you want from me Jon?” Tears streamed down her face.

“I want you to stand by me. I want you to forgive me. I want you to trust me.  I NEED you to love me.”

Her head sagged forward, her shoulders shook pitifully as heartache poured from her.

“How can I ever trust you Jon? You are not human, you live from us…humans. You prey on us! How long will it be before you will turn on us? You live on instinct.”

“I live on love too. I need my family to survive this. I need you. I need Stephanie, I need Jesse.”

“What about your other needs Jon, blood, sex, energy? How am I supposed to stand by while knowing what you do night after night?”

Jon had lost the battle. Game, set and match. His hands lost their grip and her hands fell to her sides.

“I can’t answer you. This is what I am now. I cannot change it, if I could, believe me I would but I can’t. I’m sorry.”

He turned towards the door but her question stop him in his tracks.

“Tonight, you just fed didn’t you? You still need the sex.”




No comments:

Post a Comment