I just want to shout out a BIG thank you to my very talented German friend, Judith! She made all the graphics in the fic! Thanx girl they are awesome!!!

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Chapter 58


“Jon?” a slight touch on the shoulder had him gasp as if in pain. He flinched, trying to escape the warmth of her touch, the soft use of his name on her lips. “You went limp for a few minutes. What’s going on?”

She pulled her hand back as she realized he tried to avoid her touch. Suddenly he was out of the chair, pacing the window like a caged animal. Did she just imagined it, or did he just growl? The hair on the back of her neck leaped up.

He wasn’t human anymore, there was something so untamed and dark lurking inside him, waiting to come out. Was this the time?

The muscles in his arms bulged as he pumped his fists, the veins bounced against his skin, his shirt seemed to grow a size smaller as his chest rose and fell. His face was half hidden by the sandy bangs. His breathing labored.

A tiger, a caged tiger. The man in front of her resembled the frustration of a wild animal. A bored one? An angry one? A hun…..Oh God! A hungry tiger! He was hungry! He had to feed…

“You need to go Jon.” Her voice was soft, sympathetic.

The pacing halted, his face contorted as he snapped glowing eyes towards her.

“You are having so much fucking fun aren’t you? You just love to tell me how unwelcome I am. How unwanted I am.” Hurt oozed from every pore in his body.

“No Jon. That’s not what I mean. I mean you need to go to…to...to...feed. That’s why you are so restless aren’t you?  The potion doesn’t take the thirst away, you still need to have…” she couldn’t get herself so far as to utter the words.

“Say it Dot.” The request rolled calmly from his tongue.

A sudden whip of breeze blew up against her. She was face to face with her husband, only it wasn’t him. Dark chocolaty eyes gaped at the elongated fangs so close to her face, the lips behind them peeled back in a cold sneer.

“say it…”

His face disappeared before her, soft puffs of warmth brushed against her face. There was that growl again!

“I don’t remember what I was about to say….uumm..”

“Scared baby?” she could hear him smile and stiffened as the tip of his nose brushed against the side of her neck. “You were about to say what I need…remember now?” the tip went upwards again.

Her lungs shrunk as a sharp gasp stopped her breathing, he was sniffing her! A stingy scrape over her skin pushed a frozen scream to her throat, holding it right there.

“You smell sooo damn good honey…oooohhhh….sooo damn goooood.” His appreciative groan send shivers down her spine.

Should she run? Scream? Play dead? God he was going to bite her!

The scent of fear send excitement through his veins, his heart tripped into a lively rhythm.

Taking hold of her throat, he brushed a calloused thumb over her throbbing pulse.

“I could bite you right now and there wouldn’t be a damn thing you can do about it, you know that, don’t you?”

A slight nod and a loud gulp was answer enough.

Drawing back, he met her eyes. Dorothea wasn’t able to move, she was staring into the eyes of a predator. One false move and…

A whimper spilled into Jon mouth as he sealed their lips together. She was stiff as a corpse in his arms. Her body pumping adrenalin so fast, it sounded like a river rushing in his ears.

Dorothea focused on the fangs bearing down on her, waiting for the sharp slice or the taste of blood. There was none.

The pressure against her lips suddenly lifted and when she opened her eyes, she was alone in the study.

Only she and her heart thumping in her ears.

~~

After she checked on the kids she slipped into Jon’s bedroom. She couldn’t get herself so far as to go to bed, while awake she could just as well wait for Jon’s return. They had a lot to talk about.

She was about to snooze off when the door creaked open. Jon seemed better, but he still seemed a bit off color. Not sure when to announce her presence, she shrunk back into the chair when he suddenly start stripping off his clothes, feeling slightly guilty for ogling him as he did so.

The sound of spraying water had her relax a bit more and she uncurled from the chair, determined to attract his attention as soon as he comes out.

Moments later a steamy, wet Jon exited the bathroom, his hands busy in his hair, rubbing vigorously at his wet bangs.

Taking her time, she soaked up the perfection before her, marveling at the strong calves sloped into hard thighs, his shaft nestled against wet, dark hair. A fuzzy trail of fur spattered across his six pack, the fuzziness transformed to dark, fur coating the thick male chest. The movement of his hands caught her attention to the strong shoulders, bunching…

“You need me to turn around?” Shiny, electric eyes glistened in the darkness.

Dorothea jumped up, heat painting her cheeks.

“I wanted to tell you but…”

“…then you got distracted…I understand.” Jon winked at her, his devastating smile turning her legs to rubber.

“We need to talk Jon.”

A huff escaped his lips as he turned for the cupboard.
“Haven’t we had enough of that for one night?”

“Jon, something happened in there tonight.”

“What? You screamed and I broke the desk? What’s there to talk about? I’ll get the desk replaced tomorrow.”

“You could have bitten me and you didn’t.” the statement turned him around.          

“I will never hurt you, I told you that. YOU just choose NOT to believe me.”

“What do you expect Jon? You come home telling me you are a vampire! God! That’s shit you see in movies not real life!”

Slipping on a pair of shorts, Jon nodded.

“I know but I expected more from you. You are my wife Dot, we’ve been through so much shit together. You were the one I thought would understand and love me despite of what I’ve become and if you knew me good enough you would have known that I will never risk you or the kids’ life. I expected too much and that’s my fault. Not yours.”

“Why are you so pale Jon? I thought you needed to eat and then you’ll feel better.”

Why was she always changing the damn subject!

“I feel better, thanks. No need to worry bout me, I can take care of myself.”

Sitting down on his bed, she lifted her face towards him.

“Tell me how this happened.”

For a moment it seemed he had stopped breathing.

“I don’t think you want to know that. Its done. Nothing can change it.”

“Please Jon…I want to understand, tell me what happened. How it started. What you have gone through to get the potion. Help me understand.”

No comments:

Post a Comment