I just want to shout out a BIG thank you to my very talented German friend, Judith! She made all the graphics in the fic! Thanx girl they are awesome!!!

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Chapter 166

Ciara swept her wet hair over one shoulder, drying herself vigorously she shivered as goosebumps broke out all over her skin. The sun was sinking fast now and brought with it a frisky evening breeze. Trudging her way towards the house she thought about her plans for the evening.

Slipping inside she headed towards the shower, turning on the taps, she stepped in.

An half an hour later she was heading towards the kitchen, the dinner for the evening firmly in her mind, when she felt a sudden prick in the back of her neck.

Brushing it off, she turned towards the freezer to retrieve the steaks. Glimpsing at the clock against the wall, she knew Jon would be back anytime now and she busied herself with the preparation of the salad.

Deciding to wait for Jon before grilling the steaks, she filled a glass of wine, opened the front door and walked out on the porch. It was a cloudless night, the stars winked in the inky sky, assuring Ciara she wasn’t alone.

A movement caught her eye and Ciara stopped breathing, the glass fell from her nerveless fingers only to be caught by an amber eyed vampire.

Her scream was lodged in her throat as she stumbled from the familiar face.

His eyes were burning into her, seemingly assessing her well being. As he leaned closer to sniff appreciatively her scream dislodged.

A sudden flash blurred before her and she was thrown backwards, her body hitting the wall hard.

The snarling and shuffling turned her head and she froze as the two vampires went full force at each other’s throats.

“No!”

They both turned towards her in an instant, violence edged their faces into cruel masks and she grabbed at her throat, trying to force the lump down threatening to choke her.

As her legs gave way she was caught in Jon’s sweeping arms.

Just as quickly as the violence started it was over.

“I apologize if I’ve alarmed you in any way.” The vampire bowed his head apologetically. “ And to you, sir, for my inappropriate behavior towards your mate.” The vampire swallowed hard, his eyes brushing over her once more.

Ciara nodded, staring big eyed as the vampire walking closer. Jon grunted in acceptance of his apology but it didn’t ease the murderous glare in his eyes.

“My master has requested that I deliver this note to you. The time has come…”

Slipping from Jon’s crushing grip, she watched as Jon accepted the envelope.

The vampire nodded, stepping away, he shot soundlessly into the night air.

“Lets go inside baby.”

Closing the door behind him he stared at the envelope in his hand.

“Was it this all about?”

His eyes locked onto her and she felt the cold clench on her heart.

“I wished I could have spared you this Ciara…as God is my witness I wish I could.”

Ciara’s knees felt like rubber again.

“Jon! You are scaring me, what is it?”

Tearing at the envelope he stared at the piece of paper which seemed like and eternity.

“The trial…the trial is in a week’s time.”

“The trial….oh no! Please don’t tell me we have to be there, JON?!”

He stepped closer towards the hysterical woman.

“I can’t do this! I can’t see him!....Oh my God!”

“We have to put this behind us Angel.”

“I’m not strong enough for this Jon…I’m not…please don’t make me do this?” Tears were rushing down her cheeks.

As Jon cradled her in his arms, he knew exactly where her fears came from, she wasn’t strong enough…not strong enough to deny her feelings for the other vampire.

He clutched at the head buried in his chest and only eased up when he heard her pitiful struggle for air.

~~

He was staring at a scared, unsure little girl a few days later, her suitcase clutched in her hand as if her life depended on it.

When the car drove up to take them to the airport, she had cringed from his touch, her eyes pleading for his understanding.

“Everything is going to be ok.” A strong hand settled onto the small of her back.

The trip to Greece was and emotional rollercoaster ride. Ciara stared out of the window in silence for hours on end. She only spoke when she was spoken to.

As Jon’s hand squeezed her burning hand, she suddenly jumped.

“It’s gonna be alright baby.”

When she didn’t answer, he tipped her chin.

“Do you trust me?”

She stared in silence at the gorgeous blue eyes shimmering with love.

“I trust you…its me I don’t trust.”

She didn’t miss the flash of shock darkening his eyes. She pushed passed his legs and rushed out as if all the hounds of hell were on her heels.

No comments:

Post a Comment