I just want to shout out a BIG thank you to my very talented German friend, Judith! She made all the graphics in the fic! Thanx girl they are awesome!!!

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Chapter 154

Jon found her just where he had left her a few minutes ago, only this time she was crumpled into a heap on the floor. Her shoulders shook as heartbreaking sobs wracked her body.



“Baby…” she gasped as his palm stroked her naked shoulder. “It’s all over baby…you are safe now.”



Lifting her face from her hands, he felt his heart clench painfully.



“It’s all over…: her mind couldn’t comprehend the words on her lips and she stared at his face so close to her own.



Was he real? Had she finally lost her mind? Was this all just a dream?



“Feel me darlin’ I’m real…flesh and blood..” He captured her hand, bringing it to his cheek he stroked it across his face. “See?” He turned her palm around, planting a kiss there.



Comprehesion flashed in her eyes and she gasped sharply, her eyes sharp and alert.



“Its really you?! I’m not just dreaming or hallucinating?!” Her hands captured his face, pulling it closer she pressed her lips to the soft swell of his mouth.



“I’m here and I’m never letting you out of my sight.”



Her kiss intensified, capturing her in his arms, he pulled her to her feet, supporting her weight effortlessly.



He let her lead the way, not wanting to overwhelm her, he gulped as liquid fire shot through his loins when her tongue speared into the warm recesses of his mouth.



His grunt made her pull back and she settled her head on his chest, breathing in his scent.



“Please take me away from here.”



“…with pleasure baby. I have a car parked outside.”



A half an hour later they were settled in the intimacy of the car.



As the headlights turned down the lane, he couldn’t help but feel dread as she stared at the colossal house looming in the night.



Her sadness soaked into his weary bones.



“It’s ok to feel sad honey. You have gong through quite a bit…”



Guilt flushed her cheeks and even in the darkness he could see the colour riding high on her cheeks.



As if he was an intruder he felt her thoughts and emotions slip from his thoughts, shutting him out.



Reaching out for her, he brushed her knee.



“No need to keep your feelings from me honey. I’m not Xander…I can handle whatever feelings you throw my way, just remember that.”



She didn’t answer but as he reached out to her mind, he felt the first tingle as her defences crumbled and she allowed him to peek into her dark, torturous memories.



As she huddled against the door, her forehead searched the coldness of the window, she drifted in and out of conciouensess.



Her thoughts spiraled towards him, gnawing at his insides until he clutched the steering wheel so forcefully he felt it dent beneath his fingers.



He suddenly swerved from the road, hitting the brakes so violently he almost sent her through the windscreen.



All her hurt, fear and pain threatened to choke the air from his lungs and he knew he had to give her some respite even if it was just for a little while.



“Jon?! What…!”



“I want to help you…Jesus I don’t know how you live through all this shit! Will you let me help you, you need some sleep…”



Her eyelashes shimmered with her tears.



“I’d like that but if I go to sleep, I’ll have nightmares, I don’t want nightmares Jon. I cannot bare one more night mare.” Her voice was that of a child.



“No nightmares.” Gentle fingers circles her temples, soft, intelligable words floated in the air and she felt her eyelids drew heavy, her mind growing foggy. Her head became too heavy for her neck and as it drop forward, two steady hands captured her, settling it against the back rest.



Staring at her sleeping form for God knows how long, he eventually started the car again, making his way towards the hotel where he made reservations a few days earlier.



Ciara fought her way back through the fogginess. She had expected to be met by the demons that haunted her nightmares but there was only peace…peace and Jon’s voice.



“She is safe. She is sleeping. Jesus Rich the things she went through! I couldn’t stand her thoughts without wanting to break something or kill that fucker. I’m going to take her to the Hamptons for a while until the trial begins.”



Her scent wrapped around him and his words faltered as he met her flustered face.



“I have to go Rich. Please tell everyone we are alright. See ya soon my brother….You didn’t sleep too long.”



“I have problems sleeping these days…” the reason was apparent in the outline of her tight nipples pushing against her shirt and the sweet scent her body was drenched in. She was the same Ciara, then again…not. There was this elusive side to her that pulled at his core, setting his loins on fire. Without knowing it, her eyes send slumberous messages, her body were tight, begging for the touch of her vampire mate.



Jon turned from her, raking his hands through his hair he shuddered as he exhaled. If he could only…





“Jon?”



He didn’t miss the hurt in her voice.



“Yeah?” Was that growl really his voice?

“Did I do something wrong?”



He tipped his face towards the welcome shimmer of the Greece moon. His gums were aching from his lengthening fangs, lava poured from his groin into his veins.



He shook his head. He didn’t trust his voice and he didn’t dare to turn around. He knew his eyes had lost their human appearance.



All he needed now was to scare the shit out of her!



He tensed as her bare feet padded towards him, he waited for her touch and when it came he hissed.



She jerked her hand away but he caught it.







“I’m…”



“You are burning up!”



He turned and she gasped, taking a few alarming steps back.

He tried to shield the glistening fangs from her but to no avail. His flashing orbs and elongated fangs were brought on by her delicate state.



“I will never hurt you. I’m struggling to keep turning into this but its almost impossible with you so close by. My body is repsonding to yours and there isnt a damn thing I can do about it. Forgive me baby.” His hand cupped her nape gently, his thumb played with the sensitive skin there.



Her eyes werent focused on his face anymore. Licking her lips slowly, she turned her face towards his wrist. Taking a deep breath she rubbed her nose across his skin, when her tongue suddenly darted outward licking the vein she knew had to be there, it all clicked into place.



His appreciative purr rumbled from his chest.



“You need me baby, don’t you? Is this what you want?” He closed the space between them, stopping just a breathe apart from her lips, he turned towards his wrist and sliced though his skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment