I just want to shout out a BIG thank you to my very talented German friend, Judith! She made all the graphics in the fic! Thanx girl they are awesome!!!

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Chapter 113

Ciara woke with an instant awareness that she was being watched. She became aware of another weight resting on her bed, a feathery breath fanning her cheek. Her face was flush with a male throat and she stilled. The scorching night of before tumbled into her mind and she groaned.

Oh shit! She had slept with Jon!

She felt her face burn.

“Too late for regrets baby, much too late.” She jumped at his taunting so close to her ears. Her eyes swung heavenly wards and were lost in those sapphire pools.

His head was resting on his hand, the other reached for her and she stilled, staring wide eyed.

His finger traced the outline of her swollen lips, it wasn’t long before his head dipped and his lips followed the same route of his fingertip.

Ciara felt herself melt yet again but Jon’s wedding band glared from the morning rays filtering in and she stiffened, jerking from him.

“This was a mistake.” Clutching the sheet to cover her nakedness, she shot up, her hand cradled her temple, a painful groan slipping from her lips.

“No it wasn’t. We both wanted it.”

“I was drunk.”

“You were tipsy.” She saw his eyes flash.

“I didn’t think straight. I don’t sleep with married men.” She eyed his wedding band and Jon huffed as he lowered his left hand.

“Ciara don’t do this. Don’t turn what we shared last night into something vile because it wasn’t.” His fingers brushed her naked back.

“I told you to leave remember? You refused to accept my rejection of you.”

His hand stilled, a tick pulsed at his jaw.

Don’t piss him off...

His eyes focused on her face, watching her intently, he frowned.

“Are you scared of me?”

“No, why would I be?”



“Did someone warn you against me?”

Dorothea’s name shot towards him.



Her heart jumped in her chest. How did he?

“Why would you ask such a thing?”

“Just askin.”

Ciara avoided his eyes.

“I...I think you need to go.”

“Is that all you’re going to say about what we shared?”

“I could tell you it was a mistake but...”

“Jesus Ciara! What is it with you? Do you think I’m an idiot? I can see you are attracted to me! Why deny it?”

“I’ve been attracted to other men before, some married but I didn’t jump into their beds.”

Jon didn’t like what he heard.

“I came to you remember? Your bed...you. What is it about me that scares you away? This?” He yanked the wedding band from his finger. Staring in horror, he flung it across the room. “It doesn’t mean shit anymore. She wants me out of her life and thats just what I did. Stop using my failing marriage as an excuse. If you want me, take me. If not, tell me to stop wasting my time and I’ll fuck off.”

Ciara slipped from the bed, the sheet firmly clutched to her nakedness. Searching for the ring, she picked it up, walking back towards him, she held it out.

“Take it.”

His hand raked through his hair, ogling the ring as if it was a snake.

“I don’t fucking want it.”

“I don’t want it either. It’s yours, take it.”

Flipping his palm around, he held his hand, waiting.

Ciara dropped the ring onto his splayed palm. His hand closed around her wrist and he tugged, hard.

Her cry echoed in the air as she tumbled against his chest and in between his thighs.

He flicked the ring onto the nightstand, turning his attention to her.

Her dishevelled curls sparked in the rays of the morning sun. Her face was flushed; her peachy shoulders the only skin peaking from the sheet.

“Jon...please!”

“Please what?” He was searching her face.

“I can’t do this. You need to go.” Tears were brimming her eyes.

His sarcastic snort grated her ears.

“You’re so fucking full of it! Blame the alcohol all you want. You wanted this just as I did. You use every excuse in the book not to want me. I see right through your little charade. But you know what. I don’t fucking beg for sex or attention. So I’ll play your little game and leave.” He shoved her out of the way, reaching for his jeans, he slipped it over his hips.

He was heading for the door when she stopped him.

“Your ring.”

He eyed it coldly.

“If it means so much to you, why don’t you keep it.”

She jumped as she heard the door slammed.

No comments:

Post a Comment