I just want to shout out a BIG thank you to my very talented German friend, Judith! She made all the graphics in the fic! Thanx girl they are awesome!!!

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Chapter 110

The light flicked on and she blinked. He was so close and he smelled so damn good.

The door clicked and she knew that when the door opened again things would be so different.

Making her way towards her bedroom she slipped her shoes off.

“Make yourself comfortable. There is a mini bar if you would like something to drink.”

She found him on her couch minutes later, feet stretched out before him, a glass of dark amber liquid resting on his lap.

“I thought you might like the same as I.” He eyed the glass resting on the table.

“Thanks but I think I’ll pass on the booze. I think coffee will be a better option.”

He was watching her intently. His eyes were pools of indigo and it was so easy to drown it them if she let it.

She pushed to her feet.

“Why are you always running away from me?”

“I...I do? I think you are imagining things.” She moved towards the tiny kitchen.

“You’re doing it again.”

His words brought her to a halt.

“Why are you here Jon? What do you want from me?”

Placing the glass gently on the table, he stood up.

For a moment his emotions were etched on his handsome face. Her heart broke for him.

“I’m tired of being lonely. I miss my kids, I miss being with someone. Is that so wrong to crave human companionship?”

As he came closer, Ciara could feel her heart jump.

“No, no its not, its the most basic human need.”

She watched as his fingers brushed her hair from her face, shuddered as his fingers tucked a loose strand behind her ear.

“I don’t want to be alone tonight.” His eyes were fixed on her lips and she licked nervously at the dryness.

His hand scraped her scalp, tangling his fingers in her hair, he cupped the back of her head, pulling her closer.

“I wanna stay...right here.”

He was so close she could smell the heady scent of the liquor on his breath.

“You’re a married man, Jon.”

She was crushed against his chest. His tongue tasted the wine on her lips, sweeping lazily he coaxed her and she opened slightly.

His groan as his tongue slipped inside, awakened a need in Ciara and she softened against him. Her hands reached for his chest, stroking rhythmically.

His mouth devoured her, stoking fires she didn’t think was possible. His lips abandoned her mouth, mapping its way down her jaw line he nibbled. He suddenly stiffened.

“You got hurt.”

“I did?”



His finger traced the smudge of dried blood on her ear and she cringed.

“Does it hurt?” His voice was husky.

“No..no not at all. Its nothing really.”

Her hands stilled on his chest. Jon moved closer but he stilled as her arms locked, keeping him away from her.

“I cant do this. I’m sorry Jon. You are married and I’m drunk. We are going to regret this tomorrow.”

“I won’t and you won’t either. Be honest Ciara, what are you so afraid of? Are you scared of feeling something?”

He saw a flash in her cat eyes.

“I’m not scared of anything. I don’t sleep with married men.”

Her hand was on the doorknob.

“I’m getting a divorce. I signed the papers last night. Its over.”



His eyes were as clear as the blue sky on a cloudless day.

The wine loosened her tongue and she lashed back without thinking.



“Is it pity you want Jon? Is that why you are here? Do you want to bury your self pity by sleeping with me?”

Ciara knew the minute the words bubbled from her lips it was a mistake. Dorothea’s warning rang in her ears... Do NOT piss him off.

Just as she opened the door it was immediately slammed shut as his hand banged against it. Ciara jumped, her head jerked up only to be face to face with fuming blue eyes.

Her back hit the door, his hand slid even higher up the door, his body pressing intimately against hers, keeping her there.

“I don’t want your fucking pity. I want you. Your body, your undivided attention just for tonight. I want you to make me forget.”

“Forget what Jon? Your wife? Your marriage? I’m not a miracle worker.”

His other hand slammed the door just above her head and she jumped again.

Flashing cobalt eyes were mere inches from her face.

“I don’t need miracles. I need you, that’s enough. You don’t get it don’t you? Maybe this will explain it better.”

No comments:

Post a Comment