I just want to shout out a BIG thank you to my very talented German friend, Judith! She made all the graphics in the fic! Thanx girl they are awesome!!!

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Chapter 107

Dorothea’s shocked face snapped from Ciara to Jon and back. She had almost witnessed him feeding from a...a groupie? His lover?

Jon walked towards her. His expression of moments before had disappeared and she was now staring into the face of her husband. The Jon she knew.

“I thought you were coming tomorrow morning?”

“I took an early flight.” Her gaze rested on Ciara.

Jon turned and waved Ciara closer. Her stunned face darted towards his and he smiled encouragingly.

“Ciara meet my wife Dorothea. Dot, Ciara.”

Ciara walked up to the woman, holding out her hand, Dot ignored it.

“Please to meet you.”

“Wish I could say the same.”, Dorothea’s voice was unsteady, her eyes fixed on the beautiful young woman she had seen in her husband’s arms moments before.

Ciara’s hand dropped to her side, turning slightly, she met Jon’s stare.

“Dorothea.” Jon’s warning hung in the air.

“No Jon, please. This is all my fault. I apologise. Would you please excuse me? It’s late.”

“Of course. We’ll meet you tomorrow morning at breakfast. I know Jesse would love to say goodbye to you.”

She nodded as she walked towards the door.

“I wouldn’t miss it for the world.”

Ciara closed the door with a click.

Dorothea stood frozen to the spot, her eyes brimming with tears.

“Is she the new screw in your life?”

“Dot...please.”

“No Jon! Tell me. I saw her in your arms! You were about to feed from her. Is that why you stayed away from me, because I was too scared to let you feed from me? Does she give herself freely?”

Jon shook his head. His eyes flashed warningly.

“Its not what you think Dot. She isn’t my lover and no she doesn’t give herself to me to feed from.”

“Then what was that? A quick feed and fuck?!” her voice raised a notch.

“Keep your damn voice down. Jesse is asleep in the other room.”

“Well answer me then!”

Jon reached her in the blink of an eye.

“Jealous Dot? A little too late, don’t you think?” A cruel grin flashed across his handsome face.

“You bastard! You are enjoying this aren’t you? Is this payback?”

“It wasn’t meant to be but now that you are here, to be honest... Yes. I do. It doesn’t feel so good to be on the receiving end does it?”

“Why are you so cruel?” A tear wiggled down her cheek. She could still see the woman in Jon’s arms. His eyes so intently on hers, his fangs ready to sink into her neck. Dorothea shivered.

Jon groaned, closing his eyes.

“Ciara is working for me. She does my wardrobe and she watched Jesse. Jesse loves her and I don’t want you to treat her badly because of what you saw here earlier. Its all my fault, believe me.”

“Why? What did you do? Hypnotized her? She looked damn willing to me!”

Jon sighed. He can just imagine how it must have looked to Dot.

“Her back was sore. I offered to massage it, it got out of hand...”

“You almost bit her for God’s sake! Are you in love with her Jon? Be honest.”

It almost seemed that he wont answer her, but then he met her questioning gaze.

“Yes, I think I am. She wouldn’t have a married man. So she is safe.”

“Is that really going to stop you? Her principles?”

Silence.

“You HAVE slept with her! Does she even know about it?” Dorothea was too scared to hear the answer.

“I don’t want to talk about this. Would you like to see Jesse?”

His voice told her that it was final.

“I need you to sign something first.” Fumbling in her handbag, she offered him an envelope. Jon took it from her but he knew. The inevitable was here. He ripped the envelope open and stared at the divorce papers.

“And round number two goes to Dorothea Bongiovi.”

~~

A knock drew Ciara towards her hotel door early the next morning. She opened it just to stare into Dorothea’s pale features.

“Could I please come in?”



Ciara nodded and opened the door even wider.

The room was deathly quiet. Taking a few deep breaths, Ciara rounded the back standing stiffly in her lounge.

“If its about last night...”

“It has something to do with it but not what you think.”

Standing before someone’s wife feeling like a tramp wasn’t something Ciara imagined would ever happen.

She stared silently at the woman who was obviously struggling to find the right words.

“You have to be careful when you are in Jon’s presence.”

Was she telling her to back off? Wasn’t she the one asking for a divorce?

Ciara just watched her as emotions played across her features. There was no anger, no jealously...just concern?

“You do know that I have to be in his presence daily? Why do I need to be careful of him, because of his marital status?”

Dorothea shook her head tiredly.

“I wish I could tell you to stay away from him because he was my husband but I don’t have that right anymore, as much I would like to, its not my place. I can and will however warn you to be careful of him. He is not what you think. There is much more to him than meets the eye and unfortunately he is interested in you....All I’m trying to say is, be safe and whatever you do. Do NOT piss him off.”

Ciara frowned at the woman in front of her. What kind of game was she playing?

“So you want me to pack my things and leave. Is that it?”



“That would be the safest, yes but somehow I have this feeling you wont.”

“You are right there. I’m here to work and that’s just what I’m going to do.”

“Ciara, I know you think that I’m a bitter woman right now and maybe I am. Some part of me are so jealous of the obvious attraction you to share with each other but I promise you its much more that that. I fear for you safety.”

“I thank you for your concern but I am quite capable of looking after myself. I’ll be just fine and as for the attraction. It wont lead anywhere, he is a married man. I don’t have relationships with married men.”

Dorothea stepped closer, her hand resting urgently on Ciara’s arm.

“He will be a single man soon enough and I know Jon. He is attracted to you like a moth to a flame. He is a passionate man and nothing will stand in his way if he wants anything and he wants you. Not even your own free will, will prevent him from what he wants. Jon is not what you think. If you ever let your guard down like last night, it could be the last mistake you ever make. I’m sorry I bothered you, but I just needed to warn you.”

A foreboding chilled the blood in her veins and she stared speechless at the woman. As she made her way to the door and bid her a quick farewell, she couldn’t even shake it long enough to return the greeting.

1 comment:

  1. Uh just great, now she's probably scared of Jon when they'll meet again.
    I think it's about time someone should fill her in what's going on.
    And perfect timing too...

    More soon please! This story is getting better and better Sonja! :) I love it!

    ReplyDelete