I just want to shout out a BIG thank you to my very talented German friend, Judith! She made all the graphics in the fic! Thanx girl they are awesome!!!

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Chapter 95



“I just....”
Ciara’s head whipped up in shock. The face contorted in blazing anger above her almost brought her pounding heart to an instant standstill.
“YOU!”
“Get the fuck away from my son.” His hands were painfully cruel on her skin.
“Daddy!” Jesse frightened face knocked some sense into him and he crouched lower, the blood of his son stinging his nose, sickening him to the stomach.
Ciara’s was frozen in shock, her eyes fixed on Jon.
“Could you please let go of my son.” His icy blue eyes had lost their gentleness, his stern mouth gritted out the words.
Her focus turned to the distressed boy.
“Let’s see your knee Sweetie. C’mon lets go the bathroom.”
Ignoring Jon, she picked Jesse up and rushed towards the bathroom, leaving the traitor behind, or so she thought.
“I’m so sorry you got hurt Jesse. I just...”
“Ouuucchhh! It burns!” he pouted as another tear wiggled down his cheek.
“I have to clean it and make sure there is no broken glass. You are so brave!” She cooed gently, thanking her stars as she cleaned a tiny cut. The bleeding had seemed worse that it was!
“Where were you when my son got hurt?”
Her eyes stumbled onto a pair of jean clad legs, moving ever so slowly, she braced herself to meet the chilly eyes again.
“I went to the bathroom. He was asleep on the couch. He must have woken up and didn’t know where he was.”
“I thought you had left me.” Jesse tossed in his few cents worth.
“I will never leave you alone Sweetie. I promise.”
“He got hurt because of you, just one day with you and my son got hurt!”
Could someone’s voice really be that frosty?
“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean for him to get hurt. Now if you excuse me. I’ll go and pick up the glass before someone gets hurt again.”
He moved to the side to let her pass.
Moments later Jon and Jesse entered the sitting room, finding Ciara on all fours.
Admiring her in such a precarious position, he mentally punched down the stirring in his groin.
Jesse let go off his hand, inching close to Ciara he whispered.
“I’m sorry I got you in trouble. “
“You didn’t get me in trouble! It was a mistake and look you even got hurt. OUCH! Da...” Ciara swallowed her words.
Blood oozed from her finger. Pulling the pesky shard from her finger, she was about to pop it into her mouth, when Jon squatted down beside her.
His mouth watered at the slight scent of her blood and he pursed his lips together. Willing the fangs to stay put.
“You cut yourself.”
“Its nothing serious, just a tiny prick.”
His eyes were fixed on the trail of blood.
“Leave the glass. Housekeeping can clean it up.”
“But Jesse....”
“...won’t go close to it. I’ll call them right now. Sit down.”
She obeyed, listening as he requested housekeeping.
Jesse hobbled in with a tissue and she smiled thankfully, stroking his shiny hair.
“Thanks honey.”
Wrapping the tissue around the bloody finger, she looked up and was stunned. Jon was mesmerized with her hand, his eyes shone like marbles as he stared. His chest heaved as he took greedy gulps of air into his lungs. Air filled with the scent of her delicious blood...Licking his lips his eyes suddenly met hers. The hunger in his eyes was sheltered by the flick of his eyelids.
“I think I better go.” Ciara’s heart just didn’t seem to slow down tonight and the quicker she got out of there, the better.
“You haven’t finished the story yet.” Jesse took the book, holding it hopefully towards her.
“I think Ciara is tired sport.”
Disappointment shone in the child’s eyes and Ciara took hold of the book.
“Just one. You run off to bed, I’m on my way.”
“Yay!”  he smacked a quick kiss on his dad’s cheek and tottered off to bed.
“Ciara...”
“I’m going to read your son his story and them I’m leaving.” She looked at him over her shoulder, cold eyes flashing.
Well hell he knew a cold shoulder when one smacked him in the face!
Ciara looked up from the storybook a half an hour later, Jesse was off to dreamland.
She hadn’t even managed to get to the middle of the story yet and he was dead to the world. Poor little thing, he had so much going on in his life right now...She pecked him softly on the cheek.
“He is getting fond of you too quickly. That could be a problem...”
His voice made her jump. He always seemed to be everywhere!
“Children are resilient. He knows he is only here for a while. Besides kids can never have too much love.” She refused to meet his gaze. Closing the book, she laid it on the bedside table. Reaching over, she stroked the shiny hair of the sleeping boy one last time.
Something deep inside Jon clicked into place the moment he witnessed her gentle display towards his son. The tiny puzzle locked firmly into one of the dark hollows deep inside, sealing just a little bit of the evilness away.
She shifted, meeting his gaze.
“I made us some coffee. We need to talk.”

She followed him silently, her mind in a muddle as the events of the evening sunk in.
 Taking the cup from him, she noticed with irritation her hand shaking nervously.
STOP IT CIARA!
“I’m sorry for treating you like I did tonight. You must understand I heard my son screaming, calling out your name and then I sm...saw the blood.”
“I understand. I would have acted the same if it was my child.”
They sipped the coffee in silence.
Jon had so much to say but she was nervous as hell and one wrong step and he knew she would be out of the door in a flash.
Ciara struggled to swallow down the scalding hot caffeine but as soon as the last drop was gone she stood up.
“Thank you for the coffee.”
She headed for the door. What was there to say? That he had played her for a fool? She almost made love with him the previous night and he was a married man!
“Ciara.” His hand closed around her arm.
“Goodnight.”
“We have to talk about this some time.” His voice was like silk.
“About what? The fact that you took me for a fool? Or that I almost slept with a married man? One thing you need to understand, I’m not one of your groupies. I have never slept with a married man and I never will. You might be used to women throwing themselves at you, I...am not one of them.” her voice quivered with emotion, a delicate pink nail poked accusingly towards his face.
Something shifted in his eyes.
“I’m guilty and I’m sorry. Why do you think I stopped last night? I knew that if you find out who I am you would accuse me of just that...”
Not to mention the fact that I almost devoured you.
“Your obnoxious behaviour towards me and hiding yourself from me, what’s up with that? No...please don’t answer me, I’m not interested in what you have to say right now. I’m tired and I’m going to bed.  I’ll be here tomorrow morning, Goodnight.”
“No need. I have the day off and I’m spending it with my son.”
She nodded stiffly.
“Call me when you need me then. Goodnight.”
“G’night.”
He so wanted to haul her ass back into his room, rip her clothes off and makes her squirm like he had done before but all he could do was watch her as she walked away, her hair swishing softly down her back. Her infuriation pricked his skin and left a metallic taste in his mouth...


2 comments:

  1. She can be lucky to be able to walk away. I thought he would jump her with all that blood, first his son, then hers.
    Ciara has still no clue and someone owes her an explanation...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn girl - this is making me squirm with the intensity. What is Jon going to do, he's getting a little better around blood, maybe he'll 'mature' and he'll be able to be around her and not kill her.

    ReplyDelete