I just want to shout out a BIG thank you to my very talented German friend, Judith! She made all the graphics in the fic! Thanx girl they are awesome!!!

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Chapter 93

Ciara stared at the sleeping boy.

Jon didn’t even have the decency to wait for her. He had called her to tell her he would be gone when she arrived and that she could use the key he pushed underneath her door the previous night. He had left a wad of cash on the table in his hotelroom and by the looks of it an enormous amount too. What was she suppose to do with it all? Buy the kid the whole ice cream parlour?!

Rubbing her throbbing temples she turned for the kitchen armed with painkillers. She settled onto the couch, staring at the flickering tv...

“Are you dead?”

Something small tugged at her sleeve and she opened her eyes.

Jesse stood wide eyed next to her, concern etched on the young face.

“You up! And no silly! I’m not dead, I just had a bit of a headache and I drifted off but I’m better now. Did you have a good night?”

“I had a nightmare but daddy stayed with me until I fell asleep again.”

“Your hero huh?” the boy really loved his father.

“Yep. I’m hungry.”

Slipping from the couch she led him towards his room.

“Well lets get you dressed and ready and then we’ll head down for breakfast.”

Ksenia met them at the table. The Bon Jovi workforce was gone already and it left them to enjoy breakfast in peace and quiet.

Jesse spoke a mile a minute and between all the talking Ciara was surprised at the little boy’s appetite.

After breakfast they decided to take him to a local playground, making sure the boy got rid of his boundless energy.

“Isn’t he just unstoppable?” Ciara laughed as she found and empty swing to sit on next to Ksenia.

Jesse had found himself a friend and the two was running and screaming around the playground like there was no tomorrow.

Ksenia giggled as she watched Ciara’s red face.

“He sure keeps you going!”

“That he does.” Ciara laughed but kept her eyes on the boys.

“So tell me, how are things going between you and the mystery man?”

“The my...oooooh that guy.” Ciara blushed a scarlet red.

“Oooh you are sooo going to tell me! What happened?” Ksenia’s tiny frame move back and forth on the swing her eyes trained on Ciara.

“We met at the swimming pool last night. Totally by chance I’ll have you know.” She smiled brightly.

“So? Come on now!” Ksenia nagged.

“Well we had a swim.” Ciara’s burning face wasn’t too convincing.

“Thheeeeeennnnnn”

“We kissed and its so embarrassing!”

“I’m a girl...tell me.”

“Well things got a bit hot between us but then he suddenly pulled away and said he had to leave.”

Ksenia frowned.

“Thats a strange thing to do. Maybe he is a gentleman.”

“Or married.”

“Oh hell! That could be that too! What’s his name. I can get some inside info if you want.”

Ciara turned to face her, her face scrunched in concentration.

“I can’t for the life of me remember his name. I don’t think he even gave it to me. I’m smooching a man I don’t even know the name of! Oh God I’m so bad! “, she giggled embarrassingly.

“Describe him to me. Maybe I know him?”

“Well he has gorgeous blue eyes. His smile is blinding let me tell ya!”

Ksenia whooped in delight.

“You have it bad girl! But tell me more, isn’t there anything unique on him, tattoos, birthmarks...anything?”

Ciara jumped up.

“Tattoos! Yeah he has tattoos! Don’t ask me what it is though. It’s here..”

She patted on both her upper arms.

Ksenia’s stomach flipped.

“You mean...on both arms?”

“Yeah...but I dunno what they are. I can’t seem to get past the face and those eyes.. its like, eyes, smile...body..you know. Nice tight body.”

Ciara’s girly giggle died away the moment she saw Ksenia’s face.

“Ksenia what’s wrong? You are suddenly very quiet. Is something wrong? Do you know the guy?”

“I...no I’m not sure.”

“Ciara! I’m thiiiiirrrssty!” Jesse’s flushed face saved the moment.

“I think its time we go, don’t you? Its past lunchtime.” She stroked his damp hair, wondering if he looked more like his mother or his father....

“Ciara?”

“Oh me and my scatterbrain! Let’s go ok? Did you say bye to your friend?”

He nodded but turned to wave at his friend anyway.

Slipping into the seats at a McDonald’s, Ciara shook her head in disbelief. The boy sure had some energy!

“Can I go play now?”

“I tell you what, you eat your meal and then you go play ok? You need energy to keep those little legs of yours going!”

She had expected some resistance but the youngster tugged into his meal with gusto, sipping noisily from his milkshake cup. A few hasty sips later and the boy was off.

“Soooo...I have told you my dirty little secret now its your turn.”

She wasn’t sure but she imagined shadows crossing Ksenia’s beautiful eyes at the mention of her relationship.

“Are you happy with Richie... you and Richie are together aren’t you?”

“Yes we are.”

“Bbuuuuttt? I can just hear that but...or should I just keep my long nose out of it?”

Ksenia stared for a few silent moments at Ciara.

“You know. I don’t have any girlfriends. To be honest I never had any. I’m not good with bonding. It’s just...”

Ciara’s hand reached out and squeezed the tiny hand.

“No please. I totally understand. I’m sorry for being so nosey. We don’t even know each other that long. Some people just don’t like to discuss their relationships and that’s ok too.”

“You’re not nosey and I want to tell you. It’s just that some things you won’t understand. I love Richie very much. He and Jon saved me from a life of horror and pain and for that I’ll be forever grateful. There are things in my past that prevents me from opening up to people, even Richie. He is such a wonderful, understanding guy. I just wish I could be different.”

“You are perfect just the way you are. And if he really loves you he will accept you with you flaws as well as your past. That’s what love is.”

“Oh he does. I’m the one that makes this relationship difficult at times.”

“I’m sorry to hear that Ksenia. If you ever feel like talking to me about your past, you know where to come to. Whatever you say stays between us, ok?”

“Ok and thank you for understanding.” Ksenia was aching to tell Ciara. Everything she wanted was someone to share the burden of her hurt and trepidations. But how would someone like Ciara react to stories of vampires, murder and sick professors and their endless experiments?

Just thinking about her past send shivers down her spine.

“That’s what girlfriends are for huh?”

“I suppose.” She smiled warmly at the girl sitting opposite the table. She had a good feeling about her.

No comments:

Post a Comment