I just want to shout out a BIG thank you to my very talented German friend, Judith! She made all the graphics in the fic! Thanx girl they are awesome!!!

Monday, May 10, 2010

Chapter 87

Rushing towards the door, her voice stopped him dead in his tracks.

“Jon...please don’t go like this...please.”

She was clutching her neck, blood oozed through her fingers, her face pale, her eyes humungous.

She wasn’t angry, fear yes...confusion yes... but love? How in heaven’s name could she feel love towards him at a time like this?

As if the beast lost its grip, Jon felt himself stagger as the whole incident slammed him in the chest.

Did he just turn on his own wife like a rabid dog? Had he reached the pinnacle of his madness, had he finally crossed the fine line of control he sheltered for so long?

The strong smell of blood stung his nose and he focused on her face, she was losing a lot of blood. The side of her dress was stained with the dark liquid.

“Come here...please.” she gasped.

He obeyed, walking slowly, she watched as her husband came closer, blood dripping from his mouth.

His anger left him in a rush, he knelt by her side in a matter of moments, coaxing her to her legs as he supported her frame.

“Jesus! You are bleeding badly.” Regret turned his voice to a low rasp.

“I know.” Her shaky voice was very low. Salty tears rushed down her cheeks as she bit down on her lips.

“Will you let me help you?” he couldn’t face her, instead he kept his eyes on the gaping wound.

“Can you? Help me?”

He nodded.

Pulling her groping fingers from the gaping puncture wounds, he swallowed the nauseating feeling down. Blood sputtered through the angry wounds, bubbling as it fought for freedom through the open skin.

“Keep still ok?”

She nodded and he couldn’t help but shudder as her bloody hands gripped his arms, smearing the blood on his naked skin. Wasn’t he supposed to soak up the feeling? Instead of marvelling at the blood he shuddered in horror.

The first lick of her skin stung his tongue and he pulled back, only to force himself back, urging himself to seal the wound he inflicted moments ago.

Dorothea’s body slacked against him and he felt a moment of panic but her steady breathing set him at ease and he focused on the job at hand.

As soon as the fountain of blood dried up, he tried to step back but she wouldn’t let him.

“It the first time you’ve held me like this since that night years ago...” She whispered against his shoulder, her tears soaking his shirt.

“Dot...” His hands were ready to shove.

“No...please don’t push me away Jon. I need to tell you...I need to explain.” Her hands were holding tighter, her voice more urgent.

He stiffened.

“I’m sorry for doing this to you. I never meant for you to get hurt that’s why I called you to have this talk with you. You were supposed to be here a week ago and when you didn’t show up I accepted that you were busy...so I’m sorry you had to walk into it like this. There is no excuse for this.” She seemed tired, her hands had migrated towards his hair, stroking his hair like so many times before.

“You’re weak Dot. Lets sit down somewhere.” He didn’t want to tell her the truth, but he didn’t want her touching him right now, his revulsion was still a live pulse in his veins.

He led her towards the study and closed the door.

“Sit down.”

Back straight, hands clamped together, she watched him as tears streamed down her face.

“You hate me right now don’t you?”

He sat on the edge of the desk, his hands tightening to the point he thought he might break the desk...again.

He shook his head.

“I don’t hate you Dot...I just don’t understand. Explain it to me, when did this man come into your life and took over my place?” hurt stole the strength in his voice.

“It didn’t start out this way, Jon I need you to believe me! We met at a school function. He is a widower; his daughter is in Stephanie’s class.”

“Sometimes he had difficulty fetching her from school. So I offered to help and ...and that’s how we became friends.”

“How long have you had a relationship with him?” He couldn’t believe that the words were coming from his mouth! His Dot...having an affair!

“A few months. We started out as good friends helping each other but I was lonely Jon...and things happen.”

“Things happen...yeah right.” Sorrow burrowed into his chest. He felt like screaming, breaking something...crying...cry for the life he had lost with her. They would never be able to go back and they both knew it. Energy drained from him, he couldn’t fight anymore. He had lost her.

Wild, mahogany curls filled his thoughts and he groaned as if in pain. Maybe there was something to fight for after all, if she’ll have him...

“So where do we go from here?” His voice wasn’t his own. “You do know Jesse doesn’t like him?”

“He misses you. Bill will never replace you as a father, you need to believe it. As for where we are going...I ...I want a divorce...I’m...”

A beast in grieving roared through the room.

Bracing herself for another attack she cringed but the whoosh of cold air told her she was alone.

1 comment:

  1. damn girl - I'm so mezmorized by the anger in this fic and the loneliness...more please

    ReplyDelete