I just want to shout out a BIG thank you to my very talented German friend, Judith! She made all the graphics in the fic! Thanx girl they are awesome!!!

Friday, May 7, 2010

Chapter 83

Chapter 83


“Ciara! Wait up girl!” Richie plastered his friendliest smile, she was wary of him, why he didn’t know. If she only knew how harmless he actually was and with what she was up close and personal with just a few moments ago....He shivered.

“What did I do now? Did he send you to tell me I’m fired? Yay me!” she was so damn tired, it was an effort just to put one foot in front of the other, she felt...drained.

“Nah, sweetness, nothing like that. It seems like the boss has taken a liking in you. He just sent me to tell you, to go home and get some rest. He’s worried about your back. A warm bath and early bed might just do the trick. So grab something to eat and we’ll see you tomorrow, k?”

Ciara shook her head in disbelief.

“How can he be so considerate the one moment and royal asshole the next? I don’t understand him but I’ll do as his majesty ordered. Between you and me, I actually welcome it!”

Her skew smile was adorable.

“Well grab the opportunity Sweetheart. Jonny isn’t always so generous about this, he is a known slave driver.” His huge palm cupped the slender shoulder and he didn’t miss the suppressed jerk.

Her mind ripped into a vision and she gasped, her body swaying uncontrollably. Richie cursed under his breath as he supported the slight body swaying his way.

Lights....screaming....an ocean of faces...Richie cradling a guitar, his face hidden by a black Stetson...music....loud music...flashing azure orbs loomed before her, his smile a mangle between fangs and a cruel smirk...

Her hands swung wildly into the air,”No! Oh lord no!”

“Ciara, what’s wrong? Look at me honey, did you faint or something?”

She found herself in the darkhaired man’s arms, his frame dwarfing her as he kept a firm hold on her.

“I...I ...dunno..what happened. I think I just need to get back to the apartment.”

Her eyes focused again, her pupils shrunk as she barked out the words, her body shrinking back from him.

“You ok to go home alone or should I get someone to go with you?”

“No! Thank you, I’m ok. Good night.”

“G’night.”

He waited for her to disappear around the corner before he turned the other way. This girl was something special, she was sensitive to what was going on here. Maybe she was physic or something and Jon was screwing with her big time! Poor girl.

~~~

Jon swept his sweaty face before he discarded the soaked towel.

“We gotta talk...its Ciara.”

Pulling the soaking wet clothes from his sleek skin he flicked his head upwards, waiting for Richie to start the discussion.

Turning the shower taps, Jon stepped into the cubicle, his ears pricked...

“This girl...there IS something special about her. You know it just as well as I do. What it is about her we don’t know, but Jon you have to stop these mind games with her. She is petrified of everyone and I can feel her uneasiness whenever I come close to her.”

“Speak for yourself. I don’t get uneasiness when I’m near her...its more like a sexual attraction.”

Richie’s face contorted.

“Yeah but you can control her mind, I’m talking about how she acts when she hasn’t been hocused pocused by you.”

Jon smiled, stepping out of the cubicle a few minutes later; he accepted the towel from Richie.

“You a bit frazzled that a woman doesn’t find you attractive?”

“Arrgghh fuck off! It’s not that. I have this feeling about this girl. I feel for her because she doesn’t know that she is being played. She is the damn mouse and you the cat. We are all responsible if something happens to her and just as guilty for letting you fuck with her like you do. What are your plans with her Jon?”

“Christ you can be so melodramatic! I just want to figure out what the attraction is between us. Maybe it’s nothing...hell I dunno Richie! Worst case scenario I’ll have a little bit of fun with her and a few feedings at best and I’ll let her go. She turned my world upside down since that night at her place. I need to get closure and move on. Gte her outta my system...you know?”

Jon didn’t even believe himself as the words spilled from his mouth. Somehow he couldn’t see how he would ever let her go, he couldn’t explain it, it was as if his instinct told him that she was his...how it all came together he had no fucking clue, but he would find out what this was all about soon enough.

“Lets hope your closure doesn’t mean her untimely demise. I’ve seen this before Jon. You are losing control whenever she is around you. You go into overdrive and your vampire instinct kicks into high gear instantly. You are risking exposure my brother, just don’t forget yourself around her. Please I’m begging, stay alert and if things get out of control, get away from her. You know the potion is new, we don’t know how well it works, so just be careful ok?”

His friend’s heartfelt plea stilled his hands.

“I can see where you come from and Rich I need you to believe me that I didn’t bring her here to kill her. I need to get her out of my system so that we can all move on and be the brotherhood we’ve been for years. I know I get dicey at times but I have the band’s interest in mind with everything I do. I’m a bit sidetracked right now but time will soon straighten itself. You have my word and brother, believe me, if I can’t cope...you’ll be the first one I’ll ask for help.“

Not feeling totally at ease yet, he nodded, happy with Jon’s honesty and praying to God that all this wouldn’t end in a tragedy.

“So what you up to for the next couple of days?” Jon slipped well worn jeans over his hips.

“Nothin’, just hanging around, till we move on again, why? Do you have plans?”

Jon sighed and nodded.

“Dot asked me to come home. I was supposed to be there a week ago. Dunno what’s going on, she never asks me to come home.” Lines etched on his forehead.

“Yeah thats kinda strange. Better get up there and find out what going on. I’ll tell the boys you went home. Well I’m outta here. I need to hit the shower and meet the guys at a bar. You in?”

“Nah, I have some packing to do.”

“And someone to see?” Richie’s hand closed on the doorknob. “None of my business, just be careful.”

“Yeah sure. Go shower, you stink.”

“Asshole.”

“I love you too.”

No comments:

Post a Comment