I just want to shout out a BIG thank you to my very talented German friend, Judith! She made all the graphics in the fic! Thanx girl they are awesome!!!

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Chapter 54




Silenced was followed by a hysterical laughter.

“Oh my God Jon! You are using something! What are you thinking, using such a crazy excuse?!” She shoved his hands away.

Something shifted in Jon’s eyes and he jumped up, moving away from her, he turned his back towards her.

“I had this feeling you would laugh in my face, haven’t you listened to anything I said? I told you it was a crazy idea, but Dot you have to believe me, this is no fucking joke.” Dot frowned, Jon had the strangest lisp all of a sudden.

“Its outrageous! Some men will just man up and confess, you use some farfetched story. What’s wrong with you Jon? Look at me when I’m talking to you dammit!”

“You don’t want me to look at you believe me but then again, maybe this will convince you.”

Jon turned around slowly, his hands clamped at his sides. When Dorothea’s eyes drifted towards his face she couldn’t contain the bone chilling scream ripping from her throat.

Before her was Jon…no it couldn’t be! A monster was standing before her. A fanged, hideous beast with glittering orbs!

“Oh my God! Oh my God!” Dorothea shot up, running towards the bedroom, screaming bloody murder.

Tick, tick, tick, tick…the sound was out of control. It mingled with Dorothea’s racing heartbeat,.

“Dot! Dot…please!”

Knowing that he already freaked her beyond anything she could have ever imagined, he moved…

A blood curling scream once again rang in the air. Her face was contorted, her skin grey as death.  She was in his arms and he held her there, his eyes searching her face.

“Please Dot, let me explain.”

His arms clamped around her, refusing to let her go, he begged.

“Please, its me Dot…look at me…I will never hurt you. Don’t you see? I went for help after your visit. I needed to get control before I could come and see you and the kids.”

Her screams scraped her throat raw.

“No! No! I don’t want to look at you! You are hideous! Let me go, please let me go.”

Taking her face in his hands, he forced her to face him.

“Look at me! This is who I am now. There is no changing it.”  Her words ripped his soul to shreds.

She quieted down as his fangs retracted slowly, humanity returning to his eyes.

“I’ll never hurt you… or the kids. You are my life. You have to believe me!” His whispers were urgent on her face.

Shaking her head violently, she trembled, her lips quivering as she accused.

“But you’re not human anymore. You drink blood, human blood…Oh my God! How did this happen? How could this be true? Vampires don’t exist!”

She slumped and her head fell back. Taking her in his arms, he carried her towards the bed, turning towards the bathroom he returned with a cool facecloth.

“Sshhhhh….its ok baby. Everything is going to be ok.”

Her eyes fluttered open and she shrunk back, trying to avoid his touch.

“Don’t….don’t touch me.” She scrambled upwards.

Jon sighed, obeying her wish even though he wanted to crush her to him.

A pregnant pause followed.

“What now? Where do we go from here? You’re a vampire Jon.” A hysterical giggle bubbled from her throat again.

“Nothin’, we go on as before.”

“How can you tell me that?! You drink blood Jon! Where do you get it from? Do you actually hunt people down like fucking animals?!”

The bluest of blue eyes burned with pain.

“Yeah you can call it that. But as I told you, I got some help. I drink a potion to control my lust, so its better, much better.”

“So if its better, what did you do to want to make it better?”

“You’re not gonna like my answer Dot. Do you really wanna know the nitty gritty shit?”

“Yes.” Her stare was penetrating.

“I killed…I couldn’t stop myself from drinking until it was too late.”

“Oh God in heaven!” Dorothea covered her hand with her mouth, her body shuddered violently, uncontrollable gasps pushed through her fingers.

The ticking sound was losing its rhythm, Jon waited…listened.

“I think I’m going to be sick!” Dorothea rushed from the bed, making it just in time before she lost all the contents of her stomach.





No comments:

Post a Comment