I just want to shout out a BIG thank you to my very talented German friend, Judith! She made all the graphics in the fic! Thanx girl they are awesome!!!

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Chapter 85

Ciara stretched languorously.

Wow! What an unexpected restful night! Twisting to her left, she smiled, relieved that her back spasm was something of the past.

Sighing contently, she snuggled back into her pillows, just to jolt upright as her dream replayed in her mind. Yanking the nightdress upwards, she scanned her stomach...nothing...touching it slightly she felt a sensitive spot, but no fang marks. Giggling softly to herself, she laid back down, recalling the amazing erotic dream she had of the vampire that usually haunted her...

A sharp pounding slammed into her foggy brain.

Who the heck?

Her eyes brushed over the green digits of the alarm clock.

“Oh hell no!” Somehow her alarm didn’t do its job and she was 2 hours late for work and listening to the urgent pounding on the door, it must be her boss hoping to break it down just to tell her she can go home.

Skimming the carpet with bare feet, trying to slip the gown over her shoulders, she yanked at the door, ready with an excuse as well as a sharp retort.

Twisting the door, she shrieked as a wild eyed man and a tiny blonde girl darkened her door.

“Jesus, Mary and Joseph! You are ok!” His hand didn’t seem as huge when it spanned his own chest...

He was just about ready to hit the floor and she stepped back quickly, torn between concern for him and the niggly caution she just couldn’t shake whenever he was around.

“She is ok honey, see? You worried about absolutely nothing!”

The girl had a heavy Russian accent and by the looks of it she was more than just a friend to him.

“I’m sorry. I overslept.” Her huge green eyes swallowed her face. Was everyone going out of their minds? People don’t react like this all the time or has she been out of the mainstream for too long?!

“It’s ok, really. Richie was just going overboard again and insisted to check on you when you didn’t come down for breakfast. Oh, how rude of me...I’m Ksenia.”

Ciara smiled warmly. She liked the girl, her petite face spoke of sincerity.

“I’m Ciara..but I guess you know that.” She flicked a look towards Richie.

“Yes...yes I do.”

The tall frame of Richie loomed close by, he seemed to have calmed down quite considerably, eyeing her suspiciously. She could swear his eyes were latched onto her neck, just like a ....she forced the idea from her mind.

You’re going completely nuts Ciara!

“I think its time we go. Ciara needs to get dressed.”

“I...yeah..sure! You sure you feel ok?”

He was really concerned!

“I’m...yeah. Its just I haven’t slept this well in weeks!” She blushed slightly. “I promise I’m not always like this. It won’t happen again. I’ll apologise to Mr. Bon Jovi as soon as I see him.”

Waving his hand, he smiled.

“No biggie, Sweetheart. By the way, Jon isn’t here. He is gone for a few days and please for God’s sake, call him Jon. Everyone does. Let’s call this little....uuuhh..thing our secret ok?”

Ciara nodded.

“That’s very kind of you, thanks Richie.”

“Richie....let’s go.” Ksenia’s gentle voice propelled him away from the door.

“Nice to meet you.”

“You too.”

The door clicked shut.

Rushing towards the bedroom, she halted at the clock. She was sure she set it, she always does...but then...she didn’t even remember getting into bed!

Looking around she didn’t find anything out of place, striding towards the bathroom, she frowned.

I never leave the water in the tub. Never!

Her eyes locked onto the still full glass of wine.

An ominous feeling crept down her spine. Was everything just a dream? But there was no fang marks!

Touching the tiny holes she knew was nestled on her breast, she rushed towards the mirror. Gone! Her hand skimmed the inside of her thigh ... gone! Her fingers flew to her throat but were met with the tiny scars, marring her otherwise perfect skin.

It was the only reassurance she had left that she wasn’t going completely out of her mind. God knows she was starting to doubt her own sanity more and more!

Keeping herself busy with her daily routine to get ready, she rushed out the door a half an hour later.

~~~

“I thought he killed her! Thank God she is ok.”

Ksenia’s eyes stared accusingly at Richie.

“You don’t trust him do you?”

“Around Ciara? No fucking way! He will drain that girl in a heartbeat. Haven’t you seen the bitemarks in her neck? He is careless, he never leaves any evidence...ever! If he kills her what then? He moves on to the next girl? This potion works for shit!”

Ksenia tried to deny her own concerns she had seen it with Jon. They all thought he was out of the woods but lately things weren’t what it s supposed to be. Jon was grower suddenly stronger even though he wasn’t eating as regularly any more. The potion kept the edge off his hunger but somehow since his rendezvous with Ciara things got out of hand and he was out of control again just like years ago. What scared her the most was his restlessness, it predicted an unavoidable disaster.

“You are thinking the same thing! You just don’t want to admit it, cause he is your little blue eyed experiment.”

Ksenia’s sharp intake of breath stabbed him with guilt.

“That was uncalled for. I want to help him as much as I can, can’t you see that? He is your friend, you should be able to understand. He saved my life, I feel I have to return the favour. Can’t you understand that?”

Pulling her into his arms, he kissed the top of her head.

“I’m sorry Sweetcakes. I’m stressed out of my mind and there is not a damn thing I can do about this. To make matters worse, Jon is playing this hide and seek game with Ciara. He is playing a dangerous game...shit!”

Ksenia snuggled into the warm massive chest.

“Give him some credit and time. I know you don’t agree but I think Jon will get it together again, just let him sort this out for himself. I’ll keep an eye on Ciara. I need some female companionship myself. I’m tired of you brutes all the time.” She send a playful punch his way.

“Oooohh! That hurts!” Richie grinned in her hair. She always managed to push his fears to the background, he just hoped he could trust her judgement on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment