I just want to shout out a BIG thank you to my very talented German friend, Judith! She made all the graphics in the fic! Thanx girl they are awesome!!!

Friday, January 1, 2010

Chapter 63





She handed the blood red liquid to him, watching him as he carefully savoured the ripe blend of carefully plucked grapes.

He swirled the deep, rich sweetness around his tongue. She would taste like that, he was sure. Warm where this was cold, thick and sweet.....as if they had a life of their own, he felt them scrape his tongue at his thoughts. He needed to feed and soon.

“So you like my taste?”

If she only knew....

He nodded, the glass slightly touching his lips.

She saw the slow roll of his tongue over his....there it was again! How did he do that? She blinked and it was gone.

“Something wrong Ciara?” his voice soothed her.

“No..I’m just wondering how you manage to control those sharpies of yours. Is it some new Halloween craze?”

He saw interest flicker in her eyes.

“No, no Halloween craze...maybe your eyes deceive you sweet lady? Maybe too many Vampire movies?”

She blushed a scarlet red.

“Maybe, or maybe it was the way the light....hell I dunno.”

A roar of laughter turned them around. The party goers were bobbing for apples and in their somewhat tipsy state had a hard time getting even close to it, resulting in a loud cheer from the bystanders.

“Ciara! Hey over here!”

She smiled goodheartedly at her old College friends.

“What you want James?”

“The guys and I just realized... where’s Jack? He is always around and this year he isn’t. Its bad luck man!”

Ciara shook her head and giggled. They all build Jack when they were still silly youngsters in their final year. Jack Daniels was flowing that night, resulting in a really scary, cross dressing scarecrow. She didn’t have the heart to part with the freak of nature and took him, holding onto the fond memories and only displaying him at Halloween. He was a bit tattered by now and didn’t trust the rambunctious guys around old Jack...

“He is safe in the attic”

“AAAAAAAAAAAAWww   c’mon be an angel now and don’t be stingy with old Jack ! Bring him out he wants to party too!”

Standing with hands on her hips she warned.

“ I AM an angel see?” She gave a little shake and her wings flapped .

“Ok..ok .Only if you guys behave! He is old and falling apart.”

With a quick kiss on two fingers they solemnly promised as they pressed their hands dramatically against their hearts.

“You’re all lunatics.”

Just as she made her way into the house the doorbell rang again. A gentle smile pulled at her beautiful lips...aaaawww that time of the night?

Ciara opened the door, a huge smile on her face.

“TRICK OR TREAT!!!”

“My, my  do I have some scary monsters at my door! “

A group of boys gathered at her door, their parents standing on the sidewalk, nodding their appreciation.

She knelt down towards her little visitors.

“I’m a werewolf.”

“And I’m a ghost.”

“Oh my I see! And let me guess..you are a vampire? I love vampires...”

She chattered on while depositing all kinds of sweet and little trinkets into their almost overflowing bags.

“Well you look pretty with wings.” One little guy offered.

“Oh thank you sweetie, that’s so kind of you.”

The moment she felt her skin pricked she saw the smiles fade on their little faces.

All head turned upwards and they stared..their eyes wide.

“Woooow, he is scary!” the little ghost offered.

“I think so too...I don’t like him. Let’s go. Thank you lady! Byyeeeeeeee!”

They scuttled as fast as their little legs could carry them. She didn’t need to turn around to know who they were talking about, she could feel him. A cloud of something sinister always wove around her when he was close.

“You scared them away.” She accused as she folded her arms around her in a protective gesture.

“I’m sorry. Dont know what scared them....”

Oh she could tell him. Tell him about the dark cloak, the mask, his glittering blue eyes, those hide and seek sharpies of his, but she wont. She stepped away from him.

“If you would excuse me, I’m just going to get something from the attic quickly.”

He advanced towards her and felt a stir of delight as she put even more distance between them. He fed on fear...and she gave it so freely tonight.

“Maybe I should join you? An attic could be a scary place to be at night and its Halloween too..never know what might happen.”

One look at his glimmering eyes she bounced towards the steps.

“I’ll be ok, thank you. Why don’t you join the party?”

Darkness she could handle, but not him.

“As you please.”  He dipped his head courteously while a slight grin played over his lips.






No comments:

Post a Comment